Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with Certified Angus Brisket??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have experience with Certified Angus Brisket??

Particularly trimming, or lack thereof. I'll be salting down tonight and separating the "mostly-point" from the "mostly-flat." I just cut across, no cleaning out intermuscular fat.

Looking at them I don't see any fat to trim off. That 2x4 looking fat brick on one side is already off, the point is trimmed down to the point in some spots.

Kinda weird but what a welcome after the extensive trimming on the 6 have on the smoker right now.

The "Brisket King" is at it again

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Kings don't ask these kinda questions.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes m’lord.

Dunno' but from the sound of it, the job is already done!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      It does Ed, I can see on that one side where I could cut into the fat and score it to aid in rendering. I have a short window to get these done, head to work, come back in 3.5 hrs, serve maybe 3.5-4.0 hrs later 1.25 hrs away.

I have cooked a couple but I didn't notice any difference in trimming. Maybe you just lucked out. They have cooked up nearly good as Prime when I did mine.

Comment

The MOST I have done at ONE time is 15... what are you asking. I'm a little unclear, but that could just be the hooch typing.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Asking if it is typical of these to pull out the pack, season, and throw in the cooker. I mean these dudes are TRIMMED. I just trimmed three more to throw in the Pit Barrel (regular Choice) and it ain't even close.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard they are most often pre trimmed pretty good. I nip off the sides if grey, remove any stickeyupies, and cut out most of the deckel fat between point and flat. Thats it. Nice isnt it?

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I'm about to salt them down.I may trim the lateral sides of the deckle some, I also slice through a good part of the deckle and clean anything too thick.

Hooch m’lord?

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        fire water.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya mean John Barleycorn?

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        exactly

I bought a CAB Prime Brisket a few weeks ago for my first full packer. There were several wounds from the processor and spots where they had almost sliced it clean-through. I probably just got a bad one though..

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I had 1 like that on the 6 I have going now.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        butchers cuts happen. Have to really inspect the cryopack bag at the store.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here