Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nearly Perfect Pastrami Rueben Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly Perfect Pastrami Rueben Burgers

Decided to give this a go so started with a 3lb store bought corned beef, rinsed and soaked overnight to desalinate. Partially froze to cube and ground to a course grind. Ended up with 6 1/3 lb patties that went on the weber sns indirect with two medium oak chunks for 30 minutes or so. Coated with pastrami rub and seared on the sns to temp. Added the swiss cheese and back to the indirect side to melt. Served on grilled rye with sauerkraut and thousand island dressing. Was pretty good except..

I didn't consider how wet the water injected corn beef would be so ended up over smoking for my taste. Also didn't use enough pastrami seasoning to really bring it out. Live and learn for next time for sure. I'm also thinking about a variation of this to stuff some casings for "pastrami dogs".

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180526_205530.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	507754

Great idea.

Comment

I like the way you're thinking - pastrami dogs!

Comment

Pastrami ontop of a burger with swiss and coleslaw is probably my fave burger. Never even thought about a pure pastrami burger. I like it!

Comment

FML i have been living under a rock. Reubin burgers?!?!?!

Comment

Great idea! I’m going to give it a try

Comment

Pastrami is my favorite thing on the site. Man is it good!

Comment

• pizza67
              pizza67 commented
              Editing a comment
              It really is truly awesome. My wife loves when I mention making it. :-) Been meaning to pick some up and get it going. Although, I now have some Prague Powder #1 now....

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here