Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burgers now...steaks later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burgers now...steaks later

Got some ground wagyu from SRF for free when i bought some ribs. Just me, the wife, and out 2.5 going on 25 year old son today so gonna make a couple of burgers. Got a chimney starting just now for the kettle. Later its steaks. Had them dry brining over night. 4 choice aged from costco for 31 bucks.

Attached Files

Not that you can really see the burgers at all...lol. Did them on grill grates with SnS and finished them on the very hot side.

pretty damn good but not good enough to justify actually buying ground wagyu
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by grantgallagher View Post
      Not that you can really see the burgers at all...lol.
      ... cheese looks pretty darn good, tho' ... ...

Comment

"Whar's the beef"? ;-)

Comment

The ground Wagyu brings up a valid point when people ask me what cuts to get to grind up for ground beef. Just get the beef and enough fat. Slaughter house back home makes ground beef just with trimmings....out of this world awesome.

Comment

Took the grill grates off and went low and slow for the steaks. About 250 until internal of 115 then took em off and painted with some oil before super hot sear to finish it up. As you can see, looks ugly as hell before the sear, lol.

almost no juice escaped on the slice and i plated (on a super classy disposable plate) with some mashed cauliflower, sour cream, and chives.

delish.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I think ground Waygu is a waste of money. The reason why Waygu is so expensive/desirable is the incredible marbling. Which is lost when you grind it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here