Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cherry Bombed a Picanha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cherry Bombed a Picanha

Well first I'd like to introduce you to my little friend, her name is 'Cherry Bomb'. My old '91 N-code kettle bit the dust and after a few years of cooking on other smokers and whatnot I kinda missed a good kettle cook. Got an Amazon gift card for my b'day and along with some points I'd built up on my Prime account I picked up this little gem along with a SNS for nothing out of my pocket !! Did pick up another grate, a Vortex and some additional parts but this was a very minimal expenditure. Went ahead and modified her with a WSM probe port and a fan port for my Pit Viper......

Click image for larger version

Name:	kettle01.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	496134

So what to break her 'cherry' with? An inaugural cook would not be a real cook without steak, and my new favorite steak.....picanha !!!!

Name:	picanha 01.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	496135

....been wet aging in my frig for about 45 days, had salt on her for about 30 hours. Just seasoned with lots of pepper, an a little granulated garlic and onion powders. On to a low and slow 250-275* indirect with a chimney of KBB and 3 hunks of mesquite wood. Reverse seared with cold grate method after reaching 115-120*. Rested and served.....me likie. Cherry Bomb was definitely a good cheap MCS pickup date. She now has earned a prominent spot in the Troutman line up !!!

Name:	picanha 02.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	496136Click image for larger version

Name:	picanha 03.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	496137

HAVE A GREAT DAY YA'LL.....TROUTMAN OUT !!!!!

That is a meal fit for a king! Perfect execution, now I’m drooling! That picanha sure kicks butt.

Comment

Great new cooker, an fantastic lookin picanha, Brother!
      Lookin forward to more Cherry Bomb cooks!

Comment

This a cut I have to put on the menu. Great cook. I like the WSM probe port. Why Weber doesn't put them on their Kettles is beyond me?

Comment

That is a sexy lookin' kettle, and a delicious lookin' dinner!!!

Comment

Great cooker and great meal too.

Comment

Well done, Sir! Or should I say nicely done?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here