Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having some folks over - trying something new.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having some folks over - trying something new.

Throwing some smoke:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180428_135658-X2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	332.1 KB ID:	491035

Nothing but a sprinkling of salt so far. Gonna smoke for... oh, maybe an hour, then bag them up and throw them in the sous vide. I'll add pepper and garlic powder, maybe a tiny bit more salt. I wanted to smoke 'em again after, but... I don't want to overcook them, so I'll probably pass.

Debating about starting the charcoal and searing on the flat side of the grill grates, or if I should use the flamethrower.

Actually... I just had a thought.

I turned the Yoder off, just gonna let 'em sit for a bit with the pellet tube smoking, maybe it'll keep more smoke inside, without precooking the steaks any. Think it'll work?

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      That should work. Those steaks look like they’ll be pretty edible either way! Good luck!

Those look like they will be delicious! My vote would be for the flamethrower.

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	88
Size:	7.65 MB
ID:	491041

Comment

In progress:

Name:	20180428_155100-XL.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	491115

Name:	20180428_154354-XL.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	491116

And the cooking station, lol:

Name:	20180428_162036-XL.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	491117

Comment

Looks delicious!

Comment

Yeah I mean I don’t know why anyone would want to use their smoker or grill to actually cook a steak when a pellet tube and hot water circulator can do it for you... is everyone gathered around the buckets of water, drinking beer, and hanging out?

just messing ... to each their own... enjoy

Comment

Nope, I'm sitting in front of the computer while my steaks cook, chilling with a drink. Got plenty of time to do baked potatoes, broccoli, fruit salad, got the ice chest filled up, needa clean up a bit...

Can't imagine how I could get all those things done if I had to babysit a bunch of steaks.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
              HorseDoctor commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome approach! 122 F in the hot tub, also awesome! So much for what everyone says about "Okies"... Enjoy!

Luv to smoke then SousVide then sear

Comment

I would vote for the sear over charcoal, but that is a bit more time consuming than the torch.

Comment

I got some more pics, but ended up in a meat coma last night. I'll post up some results later if I get a chance. Time to head off to work. <sigh>

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here