Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crowd Cow and A5 Wagyu Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crowd Cow and A5 Wagyu Update

The third attempt at CC delivering my Wagyu striploin was a success. They even upgraded me to a 12 ounce piece from the 10 ouncer I ordered. I did make the extra effort to have FedEx hold my package at their facility and I picked it up in the early AM--even drug my butt out of bed earlier than normal to do so. There was still some dry ice present--a pound or two. I can't believe they would be successful once summer temps go over 100°F--the delivery route includes Palm Springs and Phoenix.

As for Wagyu, it is quite spectacular, but I wouldn't order it again. Way too rich (and pricey) for my tastes. We split it between five people and a couple ounces each was plenty. I cooked in a hot CI pan, cut the meat into 3/4" widths and seared on all four sides. You owe it to yourself to try this once.
    Last edited by Willy; April 23, 2018, 03:50 PM.

Agreed! Try it once, but it is not a regular thing. So rich in flavor that it becomes too much. I look forward to trying it again, just not right away!

Comment

Everyone should C2 some A5 B4 you die.

Buddum tisssss

(I'm here all night folks...)

Comment

Never got a chance to try mine this time in but you can kiss your toot toot that I will next time I’m home.

Comment

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          NO WAY I'm kissin' my toot toot! I probably ain't flexible enough anyway. LOL

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol!

Just smoked a 15 is snake river black waygu brisket. I agree with the crowd. It was great but very expensive. The flavore was great too. We served 10 family members. Everone loved it. It’s for every once in a while.

Comment

I bought a whole Japanese A5 rib-eye. I cut it into steaks and still have a couple in the freezer. I totally agree, very rich and hard to eat a full steak on my own. Wouldn't buy again. However, U.S. or Australian Wagyu, which is usually cross bred with Angus, in MO is much more flavorful, that is, awesome. Cooked my brother one of those and he said it was the best steak he ever ate and, he goes out to top notch steak houses in NYC and NJ all the time. A couple of weeks ago I got full-blood Wagyu rib-eye steaks from Crowd Cow which is raised here in the U.S. They aren't nearly as marbled as A5 but, is still way above USDA Prime and still looks pretty good. Will let you know once i cook some of those.

Comment

• JakeT
            JakeT commented
            Editing a comment
            I sliced up the A5 striploin I got last week and had some family and friends over. I cooked and sliced one a time every 30 minutes or so and cut it into finger food sized bites. After the 5th one we were all plenty full. Yesterday I admitted to my wife I think I may like a nice prime New York extra thick cut reverse seared. The A5 is awesome like you said but so rich!

Willy Really glad that it finally worked out and you got the wagyu.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here