Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Picanha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Picanha

Simple, but satisfying with great beef flavor. These are going into the rotation. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_191940_resized.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	488294Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_191904_resized.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	488295Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_192015_resized.jpg
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	488296Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_192637_resized.jpg
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	488297

Pretty awesome huh? One of my new favorites. Yours turned out perfect !!

Comment

That looks great! I had that cut in a resort on vacation in Mexico a couple years back, I asked the waiter what is was and I struggled to understand he broken English. Then he said it is the ass of the cow. I thought it was very good - but my does not eat the rare type meat. Yours looks perfect!

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Culo de la vaca!

Looks great to me.

Comment

Well done! Thanks for the update.

I actually finished mine up using horseradish instead of the chimichurri sauce. Worked well.

Comment

That’s looks pretty damn good to me! Great job!

Comment

That looks fantastic! Does this cut ever go by any other name? Never seen it around here.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
            HorseDoctor commented
            Editing a comment
            It's also known as "culotte", "culotte steak" or "top sirloin cap". Many/most US butchers trim the fat cap off, which makes South Americans cry

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Top sirloin cap is how I ordered it. Make sure to specify that you want the cap left on. I didn't, but our butcher said he did not have time to remove it so he sold it to me for cost!

That looks damn awesome!

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, it was really good.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here