Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large sirloin on the Weber + SnS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large sirloin on the Weber + SnS

I bought a real nice "full packer" (or whatever it is called) sirloin beef. That means 6 kilos, or 13.2 lbs. I cut it in half, and decided to give it the royal treatment today. This is Canadian beef (again), Heritage Angus. Incredibly good stuff.

I cut off the fat cap, as I wanted to try my new rub, and I wanted as much rub/bark as possible. So I rubbed it up and left it in the fridge for 3 hours.

The meat

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ryggbiff-rub.jpg Views:	1 Size:	577.4 KB ID:	487014

Fired up ye olde trusty Weber + SnS, using regular briquettes. I had it tuned in to 230-240° F, and put that slab o' meat on. I added 3-4 chunks of oak wood since I wanted a prominent smoke flavor for this one. It hit 131° F (55° C) in 1 hour 20 minutes. I removed the lid and got that fire real hot, so I could sear it. But it already had a real nice bark, so I only seared it for 1 minute per side, more for looks than anything. After that I wrapped it in a faux cambro and gave it a 30 minute rest.

In the meantime I did a potato gratin in a cast iron pan. I kept thinking Spinaker would like this several times :-)

Potatoes

Click image for larger version  Name:	Potatisgratäng.jpg Views:	1 Size:	178.9 KB ID:	487011

Also, it's nice to serve the taters in that cast iron pan.

I just sliced it and ate till I could eat no more. This was one of the best sirloins I've made I think. Real juicy, incredibly tender, and with great flavor.

Fancy a slice?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ryggbiff-done.jpg Views:	1 Size:	501.4 KB ID:	487013

I'm glad there's leftovers today :-)

Here are two inspirational shots, the first one showing the smoke coming out the lid (dang, I need to polish my Weber...), and the second is the pile of ashed over briquettes in the Slow 'N Sear.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Weber-smoke.jpg Views:	1 Size:	302.1 KB ID:	487012

Click image for larger version  Name:	SlowNSear-coals.jpg Views:	1 Size:	606.1 KB ID:	487015

You're killing me...please stop ..... I need a trip to Sweden soon......

(BTW, excellent photography, what you usin' for a camera?)

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Troutman! I switched from mobile phone to a real camera a while back, got a Nikon D750. Absolutely love it. With one 24x70 lens, and one macro lens. Not cheap, but well worth it.

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is beautiful!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice camera, yea I can see the use of the macro lens, my favorite way to photograph.

Fantastisk!

Comment

I love it! Inspiring cook, and I like the lime green kettle! I'll have to look for a sirloin roast like that around here...

Comment

There you go again Henrik making us all feel like mere mortals. 😁
        beautiful cook as always. 👍

Comment

Hey even I understood those pics, nice!

Comment

I'm reading this and thinking "he's writing like a good 'ol county boy" So naturally I start thinking of a slow Texas/Swedish drawl.....BTW, beautiful cook y'all fer shur....

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              CaptainMike Henrik
              Prolly my dang fault, to wit: read comments...
              Y'all have a Great Weekend!
              Great lookin cook, an pics, Brother!!!!!!
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 21, 2018, 11:31 AM.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              BTW, yer accent's comin along right nicely, lookin forward to yer Pitcast, Amigo!
              Henrik

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              One more reason to tune in Henrik!

Ahhhh yes, you know me too well, my friend. Personally, there is no better place to cook potatoes, than a cast iron pan. That crust on the bottom is nothing short of divine!

Great work Henrik! Great pictures.

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Couldn't agree more.

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you my friend!

Whaddayaknow, I left out one of the best photos, with the meat on the grill and the SnS in action. Here it is, love that smoke rising in the background.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryggbiff_grill.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	487087

Comment

Great job Henrik.

Comment

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here