Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slather/Spritz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slather/Spritz

I plan on cooking about 10 racks of beef plate ribs next week. I will be using apple cider vinegae as the slather and spritz. The question is should you dilute the vinegar or not? These will be cooked on a xlarge BGE w/adjustable rack @ 250°.

I mix cider vinegar 50:50 with Frank’s Hot Sauce to spritz ribs (as suggested by Aaron Franklin).

Comment

Where did you find the 50:50 ratio. I have one of his books but does not mention mix ratio. Does this spritz leave an aftertaste?

Comment

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        h12mike I think it was a comment in one of his youtube videos. Only "after taste" is a bit of heat from the Frank's. Not much, but it's there... Just looked at the video and he used the hot sauce as the "pre-rub". Guess I made up the spritz wit hot sauce part...???
        Last edited by HorseDoctor; April 8, 2018, 06:59 PM.

i use no mop/slather/spritz. dry brine, rub, smoke. if time is critical, crutch 321

Comment

Over the last several years I have never spritzed on my BGE. I thought we would give it a try on the plate ribs. I think we will give the ACV:apple juice a try on 3 racks and on one rack slather with the hot sauce.

Comment

I look toward to what you think about the spritzed compared to your norm/unspritzed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here