Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Raining!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Raining!

And it's Friday! Friday dinner is a standard at the house. Bottle of wine, ceasar salad, baked potato, steak and French bread with a good brie. Often there are two desserts, a brandy poached d'anjou pear and a slice of fruit cake from the monks at Gesthemani.

It's hard to cook a steak on the BGE in the rain. It can be done, but I usually get wet. Today they are predicting thunderstorms right in the dinnertime window. SO -- I broke out the big pot and Anova. Left the steak in the water with the temp set at 125. I'll sear it off in the cast iron skillet and enjoy my Friday dinner Dry!

That, my dear, sounds like an excellent plan !!! Oh and I'll take a a slice of the fruit cake with a side of pear please

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      And a tipple of Armanac?

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a big cognac drinker, but I'd drink that toast !!!

Great plan! It's occasions like that, that make me truly appreciate the industrial strength hood over my stove!

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      If I had one, I'd appreciate it too! I have a side vent, but I know I'll set of the smoke alarm this evening!

CandySueQ I feel your pain!!! You need a grilling porch or pavilion for these rainy days.

That said, the Anova and a cast iron sear make an amazing steak. I still consider it to have fire and smoke involved that way, as the gas cooktop has fire, and I sure get plenty of smoke - I set off the smoke alarm every time I sear steaks inside!

I've got a half dozen T-bones in the bottom of the deep freeze, and may be following in your footsteps today, as the rain is here in Alabama too.

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I figured if a brisket would do well with a long, long bath in Sous Vide, a filet could do 9 hours! I could (and have) moved the patio umbrella over the cooker or set up an EZ up, but sometimes something different just calls!

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      This is true. EZ up method is great, but then you have to let it dry out somehow. That's when Mother Nature likes to send some wind gusts to mess with me!

I want to eat at your house, CandySueQ . Your Friday night dinner sounds amazing. Enjoy.

Oh and BTW once you sous vide/sear that steak, you might be doing it more often.

Kathryn

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I've done it before, but not with a waygu tenderloin. I expect to get a call from my Dad asking why the cauldron is bubbling on the back of the cook top!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh, waygu tenderloin. Now I really want to visit, CandySueQ .

Kathryn

Sounds like a plan! I was going to do my first cook on Alice (the Egg) tomorrow but calling for rain all day.

Comment

Whohoo!!! Party at Candys house!

Comment

Sounds wonderful CandySueQ . Be sure to post the results of that Tenderloin!

Comment

I’m sure it’s going to be great no matter if it’s outside or inside.

Comment

That’s the way to not let it rain on your Friday, Happy Friday!

Comment

Snowing Here as I plan my Cooking Strategy.🤔

Comment

Friday dinner is a standard at the house. Bottle of wine, ceasar salad, baked potato, steak and French bread with a good brie. Often there are two desserts, a brandy poached d'anjou pear and a slice of fruit cake from the monks at Gesthemani.

Where did you say your house was?

Comment

Sounds like a winner to me.

Comment

9 hours sounds rather long to me for the quality of meat you are using. I'd be afraid it'd get a bit mushy. Let us know how it turns out! It's snowing here and a high of 34, so be grateful for the rain

Comment

I like Fridays! Click image for larger version

Name:	1FAF2D23-A7CC-44F8-A624-42292EFF4C6E.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	478463

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here