Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have died and gone to beef heaven...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have died and gone to beef heaven...

back during the superbowl I splurged on the SRF half-off sale. Part of that pick up was a chunk of prime rib cap that I earmarked for Easter...

brothers and sisters...I have never had a finer piece of beef (or anything?) in my life. I've had a few cooking moments of zen through the years, but this....this.....there are almost no words.

Normally I'd say it was a bit on the thin side for reverse searing, but I was committed to the method. I fired up a torpedo heater and stood by watching every tenth of every degree. I cannot imagine improving on this tender piece of perfection...
    Attached Files

What can anyone say, in the face of perfection?

Comment

Looks fabulous!

Comment

Wow, can't imagine the splurge on that.

Comment

Wow that looks great

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

Wow, and this coming from "xuagie’s pizza sucks". Very, very good my friend! Very good!
              Last edited by FireMan; April 2, 2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• xaugievike
                xaugievike commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey - I said the pizza sucked. I can do other stuff!

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s all I was sayin, xaugie’s pizza sucked. 😎👍🔥

Nice job and a pat on tbe back to you sir!

Comment

That looks marvelous!

Comment

Beautiful!!

Comment

I just want to know if he shared this with anyone, or kept it all for himself! Looks fabulous! Much better than that pizza!

Comment

That's a great hunk of meat....you did well oh zen master !!

Click image for larger version  Name:	zen master.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.6 KB ID:	476296

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here