Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next up: Tri-tip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, BTW, my temp giude came! Noice! Click image for larger version  Name:	E05F79AE-5460-4CC0-9528-60031D9EC6B5.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	473970
    Last edited by smokenoob; March 28, 2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine is about 6 -7 years old, I just looked, some minor rust, it lives under a roof but also on gulf coast which is very humid and salty so seems pretty good......is yours out in the elements?

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      smokenoob I have left mine out in the elements for the last 3-4 years. Summers here can get pretty humid and than we have to deal with snow.
      One thing I observed is how the "stainless Steel" is magnetic. Hmmmm. Maybe that’s why it’s rusting out.

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, a lot of ss 302 or less is slightly magnetic, thats in spec

It's getting close....mouth watering.... Click image for larger version

Name:	3ACC5B68-5C44-4C5F-AE20-EC0B01373228.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	474006

Comment

I actually had to stall-it cause company was late, down to 185 AT, now back to 225.
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I got this!

Comment

Don't worry. I do tri-tip a bit different. I don't temp it - 4hrs at 200-225 with a sear thereafter. Cut across the grain and you will be a hero. So if company is late you haven't ruined anything.

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          4 hrs???? what IT at serving?

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          @smokenbob - I don't temp the tri-tip. It goes against conventional wisdom but I have found that it is very forgiving and that time and temp with a water pan element gives it a smoke/tenderness element that I (and company) really like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	30A9FB8B-D537-4986-8F11-28CBDA79FB9D.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	474038Click image for larger version

Name:	07A24C0E-EA44-4CB4-9D92-BFABCF5041E5.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	474037 OMG! Hats off to Frozen Smoke! Killer recipie! Click image for larger version

Name:	C70E2B3F-72C5-410F-8593-537D685AA105.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	474036

Comment

• SmokingSteve
          SmokingSteve commented
          Editing a comment
          So where did you find that cutting board? That is really nice, with the two handle openings like that. (The tri-tip looks really good too).

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it was from Bed Bath & Beyond or CRS....
          SmokingSteve

Looks amazing! Nice cook.

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Oak! It was so GOOD!

Sliced a little thick. Aside from that.
        OH YEAH BOY!!!! That’s what I’m talking about.
        What’s your thoughts?? Awesome huh?

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          Like I said, that recipie gets a standing ovation!

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          👍👍👍👍

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks delicious!

I use lemon, chili, parslynandna tastenof garlic with sometimes oregano good to see you left out some garlic.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve B LMAO!!! It's a cross between Italian parsley and curly parsley. Do you not have be it by you?? It's a local thing I guess. Ok, not really. I often don't go back a correct as my fat fingers just make more mistakes and well, you get what I was saying. May I please have one place that I can be me? 👁😬

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          I new Ed Zakely whathewas sayin!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve B I just wanna dace!!!

Excellent job smokenoob!! Looks outstanding! You are going to be hooked like I am now on tri tip with board sauce! It opened up a whole new world for me. I have two more tri tips in the freezer and I will be hard pressed to make than any other way then on a board sauce. My other favorite way is to marinate them in a fajita mojo and make fajitas.

Comment

Standing O from my vantage point! That's exactly how I do all my tips, always a crowd pleaser and easy on the schedule.

Comment

Yesterday when I suggested to the wife that I was going to try the Frozen Smoke recipie, I got this look (you mean we aren’t going to use my tried true marinade???). Could have cut the air with a knife. So there was a great sigh of relief when she said "this is my new favorite tri-tip recipie".

whew!

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
              Frozen Smoke commented
              Editing a comment
              Happy wife happy life! That was a beautiful tri tip and you sure did it justice!

Holy cow! That looks good!

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              ok I must fess up....I was put up to this by Troutman old posting post...

Just browsing. I’m going to cook a tri tomorrow, lookin fer a slight change of pace.

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              Call a Board Meeting!

Wow. Really good looking piece of meat. Just do not see that here. Well, enjoy!

Comment

Nope not for me. I will take a Culotte/Picanha. or a good chuck.

Comment

• TripleB
                TripleB commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s just because you’re on the wrong coast. ; )

• mountainsmoker
                mountainsmoker commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here