Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After St. Paddy's Corned Beef on Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After St. Paddy's Corned Beef on Sale

Now that St Paddy's day is gone for another trip around the sun, the local Neighborhood Market is trying to ditch their corned beef. Last night they had a whole bin full marked down to $2.50/lb. Mostly they were flats, but there were a few points, and I managed to score 3 reasonable looking ones. I don't know why, but I think there's some pastrami in my future!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corned Beef.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	472121

I just bought two points.

Comment

The quality chosen for pre-corned usually isn’t the best but if you can find points and not the flats they are still worth it. May as well load up. The store ones are small and I snoke at least 4 points at once to make it worth it.

I’ve taken to corning my own when I can so I can use good quality full briskets, but that does take extra effort and a lot of planning/waiting.

Comment

• johnec00
        johnec00 commented
        Editing a comment
        I usually make corned beef for pastrami from scratch too. But I really prefer points for pastrami and I've never found anywhere to get fresh brisket that's just the point. So I end up getting a packer, separating the point and smoking the flat.

Around here the corned points are always quite a bit cheaper than the flats. Win/win!!! I bought 4 x 4# ones on sale. May even eat one more as corned beef... the rest are pastrami bound...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here