Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh man, check out this piece of brisket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, check out this piece of brisket!

I wasn’t in the market but I had to buy it! I’ve never seen the like in the grocery store, and even SRF isn’t striated like this. And, it is already trimmed and brined!

Straight to the freezer, I have no need for it for at least a month.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CD717BE9-0415-4B04-B63F-6D19E3F30ACD.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	465439

Wow. Almost seems a waste for that beauty to be corned.

Edit- my bad it's not corned is it, just brined?

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Right, just brined. Tomer is kosher, but not Glatt. I did one of their briskets earlier this winter, in a Dutch oven, and it was excellent but I didn’t care for the recipe I used. This one will get smoked though, when the weather breaks. At 2 lbs I don’t think I’m going overnight. I’ll probably sous vide q it.

WOW! Nice score Mosca

Comment

Sweet. Our Wal-Mart got in some Angus choice. $3.99/lb NO thanks, but man you talk about some nice fatty flats.

Comment

Love the title of this post, and that is one bad brisket for sure!

Comment

DAMN that looks good!

Comment

Thats a fine piece of brisket!

Comment

Very nice! I'm so glad Wegmans decided to spread out. We have two not that far away. Much better quality then Giant or Safeway.

Comment

That is a nice piece of meat, starting to approach Waygu.... shalll we call it Prime + ?

Comment

I would love to have a Wegmans where I live in Ohio. I love going to the one by my mom's house in Western New York

Comment

Looks like a great piece of meat, but at $9.99/lb. I’m buying rib eye, not brisket.

Comment

I'd like to see more thread titles like this. Entincing, honest, and straight to it.

Also, great looking brisket.

Comment

Doing my first Brisket this weekend (in the snow). Picked up a 2kg lump for £18 here in the UK.

Looking to follow the 225f indirect method on my Weber. It will be interesting to see how long it takes and how long it hits in the stall - never experienced that in cooking yet...

Wish me luck ! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0891.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	467680

Comment

a 2lb Brisket? What's everyone else going to eat... thast just enough for a sammich!

Comment

• EdF
                            EdF commented
                            Editing a comment
                            nah, 2 Kg = ~4.5lb. Figure a couple pounds yield. That can make a few sandwiches!

• CurlingDog
                            CurlingDog commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm old. They taught us the metric system back in grammer school, but I thought that was just a precaution for the pending Candian invasion....

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here