Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Ribs

I am going to try beef ribs for the first time next week. I have read a lot of recipes and almost all say do not wrap/crutch. What about placing (unwrapped) in a cambro like brisket? Or is this one dish that can quickly go straight to the table?

Back or short ribs? You can wrap them both. add a little beef broth and wrap and you'll be fine. Or just rest an hour or so and tent with foil. No matter what I wouldn't go straight to the table, let them rest!

Comment

• jlazar
      jlazar commented
      Editing a comment
      Short Ribs.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      *Hold

I just go Salt and Pepper. I wrap after the cooking has finished. Then I like to hold them as I would with any large cut. They still benefit from the hold.

Comment

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      if they were held wouldn't they hold temp at 203 till you ate????

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      alright i just read the 20 million word article. I'm still going to call it resting you're too much of a moderator these days

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahhaha, All good man, it is always a point of contention in the BBQ world. smokinfatties

I say wrap when your bark is good, but wrap dry. Then hold an hour or two like you would a brisket, whether they're shorties or backs. There's about ten ways to make them wonderful!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Only ten? There's fifty ways to leave your lover......well at least according to Paul Simon!

• BourBonQ
      BourBonQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Slip out the back, jack...

I agree with huskee, wrap dry or you get delicious pot roast.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here