Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short Rib Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Rib Success!

I finally found and bought some short ribs last Tuesday. They were dry brined that day and put in the refrigerator for yesterday. I thought they would be a great Super Bowl meal. However, a 100% chance of rain made me put off the cook until today. So they went on about 8:15 this morning @ 225* with salt and pepper only. My plan was to go to the gym, then buy some sides for supper, and return home. If the rib temps were moving slowly, I would bump the temp up to 250*.
    However, I found out I had to go somewhere with my wife, so I didn't bump the temp. When I got home about 4 PM, the ribs were coming out of the stall and I bumped the temp to 275* because I was now behind schedule. The ribs reached probe tender about 6:15 PM and I cambroed them for about an hour.

Boy, were they good! Very tender and moist with a great flavor. Move over brisket - you have been replaced by short ribs.

8 hours in. Click image for larger version

Name:	CM7I6807.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	450765

After an hour of cambro.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CM7I6810.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	450764

A narrow but intense smoke ring.

Name:	CM7I6811.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	450762

Plated.

Name:	CM7I6813.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	450763

Oh brother do they look DELISH!! My favorite meal for sure. Now I gotta order me some more!
    Last edited by lonnie mac; February 6, 2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      You getting yours on line Lon? Kind of tired of the Costco ones

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      Been ordering them from SRF. Man they are fantastic, but VERY costly so it is rare!

Duuuude. Looks phenomenal!

Comment

Ha...I just committed on your other post about cutting these into 2 bone pieces for faster cooking and more bark...ha
      Those look amazing and with asparagus and smashed taters!!!

Comment

Excellent write up and pix!!! Now you know the big beefy secret

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Looking Great!

Comment

Looks awesome. Can't get short ribs with that much meat on em around here!

Comment

• HorseDoctor
                HorseDoctor commented
                Editing a comment
                You may need to order them special. Ask for cut "123A Beef Short Ribs" or "130 Chuck Short Ribs". Usually not too bad price wise if you're willing to order a case. Good luck!

Very nice! I think beef ribs are my favorite at the moment also and always a crowd pleaser! They look and taste impressive!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Oh wow, those look great! Congrats!

Comment

Excellent cook RonB they look spectacular.
                    Now that you’ve Made em they’re probably one of your favorites. Am I not right. 👍

Comment

I seeem to notice a general theme here, that is "they look phenomenal, fantastic, great etc. etc. etc." Might just be the pics of the year. If they taste anything like they look, "out of the park".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here