Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket ready 13 hours before guests arrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket ready 13 hours before guests arrive

HI,

Brisket currently at 191 and doesn't seem to be stalling, it will be ready about 13 hours before guests arrive. (Really annoying as last time my brisket took about 22 hours to cook and this time it will probably be around 12 hours.)

The brisket is wrapped in butchers paper and will go in a cooler.

Will it still be juicy after 13 hours in cooler?

Is there anything I can do?

Cheers

Andrew

I had something similar happen last brisket smoke. I have an electric, so I let cool down for a few hours, then turned up to 140 and held it in there double wrapped in foil for most of the day. I pulled it a few hours before serving time and rest in the cooler with towels. It worked great.

So, maybe your oven as low as it will go if 140 is possible? And hold it there.

Comment

Back and forth between your lowest setting on the oven (mine is 170) and cambro. Keep above 140 though.

Comment

22 hours? I think that one was probably the outlier. Make sure you keep it wrapped, it can only dry out while you are holding it. You may want to put aluminum foil around the butcher paper. The other advice above is what I would do.

Comment

Do not slice. Hold in Cambro until a few hours before the guests arrive. Put in oven or smoker covered with some liquid in the pan if there is not enough juices at about 160 to 170 to reheat. Once reheated slice and serve. You should be fine.

Comment

For maximum juice retention, consider closing it up tightly in an oven bag while keeping it in the temperature range discussed above. The down side is that the bark will soften.

Comment

Oooooop's.

Comment

We get asked a lot on the main site how long a brisket or butt will take. I think 12-18 hrs with about 100 different variables that could add or subtract 22+% to that time frame is a good guesstimation.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  my kind of cook!

cheers for the advice, luckily it had its first stall at 195 but still finished about 6 hours ahead of schedule. It wasn't as good as the last brisket but also don't think the cut was as good this time. The second brisket I cooked yesterday went for over 24 hours and was alright but not as juicy as the one I did a few weeks ago.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here