Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagyu beef ribs from Costco’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagyu beef ribs from Costco’s

I’m thinking seriously about getting these.

Thanks! I'm thinking about it.

Comment

Go for it DW and let us know how they are. Not a bad price actually. I might just have to spring for some of those myself.

Comment

Definitely go for it, I have had them and they are out of this world. Of course I'm a big beef rib guy so there's that !!!

The only thing I was disappointed in was the amount of fat, kind of ate into one of the plates. It all but wiped out one of the ribs. To be honest, they also sell prime plates for a lot less that really are about as good. But like everything Wagyu, you know its good !!!

Comment

Order placed!

Comment

Can't wait to see those bad boys cooked up DW! Pics please.

Comment

Honestly, if my freezer could hold ONE MORE THING, I'd do it. We've got to eat faster around here ...

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the results DW!

Comment

Again with the Costco!! Costco must be punishing me directly! They refuse to build a store next to my house!
                  Those look great make sure we see pics of the cook. How do you plan on doing them?

Comment

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can order them like I did.

• Frozen Smoke
                    Frozen Smoke commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Meat is one thing I really like to eye ball and hold in my hand first especially if I'm going to drop that kind of coin.

Hey DW,have you had a chance to try those Wagyu ribs from Costco out yet?

Comment

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haven’t been home yet. I will be home 02/07 so probably cook them the following Saturday if the weather permits.

• vandy
                    vandy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow you be safe out there man!

I've been eying the ribeyes but at 1000+ it may be awhile before I bite!

Comment

• vandy
                    vandy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1000+ is way too rich for my blood!

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That must be the A4 Wagyu ribeyes.

You know what would be interesting? If you got regular short ribs and cooked them at the same time - the exact same way. I've had D'Artagnan products before and they are excellent. My only question is when going low and slow will the difference be as noticeable as with a steak. Can't wait to hear your verdict.

Comment

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I might do that JCBBQ I have two racks of Choice short ribs in the freezer.

• JCBBQ
                    JCBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool! That'd be fascinating.

• vandy
                    vandy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That sounds like an interesting comparison.

Anyone missing a Costco should really complain to the company. We have 3 of them within 15 minutes of our house. 4 if we go 20 minutes. I guess they really like our area, or they reproduce by themselves

Best regards,
                  Jim

Comment

No Costco's in my area. Sam's everywhere here. They got good meat.

Comment

• vandy
                      vandy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is crazy, I thought Costco was trying to put a store in every Sam's back yard to compete directly with them.

• lonnie mac
                      lonnie mac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Us Texan's are pretty loyal to Mr. Walton!

• vandy
                      vandy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Most people here in the Memphis area are pretty loyal to Mr Walton also but I prefer Costco. I live about 2 miles from a Walmart but my wife has to do the shopping when it comes to that, I don't do Wally World.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here