Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby back beef ribs, again... :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby back beef ribs, again... :-)

So, I couldn't hold back, had another set of these babies in the freezer. Thawed them overnight, then got to work.

I followed my own recipe to the letter (which I posted here, see this thread for all details). Man, it was just as good the third time around!

Beef Ribs, rubbed 'n ready

Click image for larger version  Name:	baby_back_beef_ribs_rub.jpg Views:	1 Size:	872.4 KB ID:	438205

Ribs after 3 hours of low 'n slow on my Big Green Egg. Ready to wrap for braising

Click image for larger version  Name:	baby_back_beef_ribs_wrap.jpg Views:	1 Size:	993.4 KB ID:	438203

And after 1 hour of braising (in aluminum foil), here's the end result.

Click image for larger version  Name:	baby_back_beef_ribs.jpg Views:	1 Size:	851.1 KB ID:	438204

So, 3 hours in the smoker unwrapped, then 1 hour wrapped.

These disappeared within 5 minutes. So juicy, can't get enough
    Need to re-stock my freezer soon.

Looking good! I have also been on a Beef Rib kick. Funny, I never made them until I went to Austin, last April. Now I am hooked!!

Nice cook Henrik!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      They sure are tasty, aren't they! I love them.

Beautiful!

Comment

Mmmmm. Can't believe you didn't invite me, I could've just swung over with a simple $1200 plane ticket and 8hr flight.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd have that beer opened for you before you step on to my porch!

I agree...sooo good. Your ribs look awesome.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

$1200 plane ticket, I checked here and it was twice that. Sweden is on my bucket list.

Henrik you mentioned 5 minutes, dang what took so long? Love, Love, love me some beefies!!!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Henrik doesn't realize this but I wasn't referring to a round trip ticket. What with his cooking and his nice smoker, if I get there not sure I'm leaving any time soon!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Got ya

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha ha! You all come on over!

I'm going to Switzerland at the end of the month. Any chance you could just swing by and drop some off?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what we need, an international meat up!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds great to me. Unless the plane has an issue I'm just along to help Europe eliminate its overstock of bier.

Great lookin' ribs.

Comment

What, AGAIN?

Sigh. Billy's mom would have made Chef Boyardee.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd've made ribs again!

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          ;-)

When I read the headline, I saw a scene with kids complaining, "Aw, Mom, do we have to have ribs AGAIN?" Me, I’d have them for every meal, ever.

OMG, very nice looking ribs Henrik

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Henrik are those beef ribs taken off of a rib roast?
        I hope you say yes. Cause I got a couple of those in the freezer and just looking for a reason to cook them.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! Far back, but still.

Those look GREAT!!

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Always fun when doing a recipe again and discovering you don’t want to change a thing.

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          AND HOW!

And such a simple rub, too!

Gotta try these! They look great!

Comment

I need to try that rub, or something similar. I made some beef back ribs just like this earlier this week. I used a modified BBBR, but I have tried it a few times, and I'm just not a fan. The pepper flavor is too much. I basically just added some garlic powder, cumin and onion powder, but the pepper was still too strong. I think I'm going switch to just a few dashes of pepper instead.

<edit> BTW, I cooked mine to probe tender, measured them about 198F with my instant read thermometer. Beef ribs have enough meat between the bones to measure, unlike most pork ribs.
          Last edited by DogFaced PonySoldier; January 13, 2018, 03:55 AM.

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Give the rub a try, sounds like you’ll like it. I’m not a huge bbbr fan either. I measure temp on mine too, probe tender or 203 deg F, whichever comes first.

Those look off the hook! Yours and others here photography skills is what keeps me from posting my pathetic attempts
          I was finally able to get beef ribs here locally about 2 years ago through a food service company I hooked up with.

They are like most things beef magical on the low and slow stick burner.

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            No judging in here Frozen Smoke ! I say give your pics a shot and post 'em!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here