Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burgers

What cuts do you use when grinding your own hamburger?

Chuck eye steak. It can be hard to find ... but it’s worth it.

Comment

Yea. I'll get every chuck eye steak I can round up when I can find them. Not too hard in my parts. My fave to grind.

Comment

Lots of mixes for fun. But chuck for sure. I've been grinding bacon lately ala Jerod Broussard but he only uses brisket.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't worry, I've allowed the wife to add ground beef trimmings to a pork/deer mixture.

I usually go with chuck and grind in some brisket fat, as I always seem to have that in the freezer.

Comment

chuck and the trimmings from priskets/primerib/steaks. OR you can use a mix of shortrib, flank and, fat trimmings. the shortrib/flank has a more intense beef flavor. once i even did beef heart/tongue with some fat mixed in. was VERY different, but I actually loved it, wife not so much.

Comment

Honestly....I just buy Certified Angus Ground Chuck. My Butcher grinds it every day. It's very consistent. And I my burger game is just fine!

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              PJBowmaster is also the "burgermaster"!

Short ribs or chuck, with a bit of bacon.

Got a bunch of Wagyu hamburgers for Xmas. I will be interest to see if they are better than mine. Not sure I understand the Wagyu hamburger principle, though. You can always add fat to hamburger. Still, a nice present.

Comment

​ ​​​​​​ My little Buddy and I made New Year’s eve burgers with short ribs, strip steak, chuck steak, and bacon. They were delicious!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E4341 (2).JPG
Views:	84
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	436078​

Name:	IMG_4353.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	436076

Name:	IMG_E4344.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	436077

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice pix....bet you got some good burger results

• Pirate Scott
                Pirate Scott commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, what a combo. Sounds great, awesome your son is cooking with you.

Chuck and sirloin 50/50

or

all chuck

Comment

Brisket when I can find nice points, or chuck mixed with bacon. You can never have too much bacon!!

Comment

Troutman Speaking of point! Just got back from HEB. Burgers tonight!

Name:	IMG_1242.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	436150

Comment

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice Lonnie, I often buy their Prime ones and just smoke those instead of having to deal with trimming and cooking a 14# packer. Having said that, I have a 14# packer on my WSM outside, better go check on that puppy !!!! Burger on .......

It's on brother!

Name:	IMG_1249.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	436315

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here