Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went with Preseasoned this year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went with Preseasoned this year...

Wife just brought home the rib roast we ordered. For an extra $1.00 a pound the store seasoned with rosemary and garlic. Rumor is it's pretty good and I was feeling kinda lazy that day so I just went for it. Normally I like to do everything myself including the trimming. Now that its actually here I'm wondering things like how much salt did they use, or how much more fat could they have trimmed ect. I'm finding myself less relaxed than I strategized about tomorrows dinner. I know its recommended to use the bones for gravy, but normally I leave a lil extra meat on them and cook along side. I know my dad and others would be let down if they weren't around this year. I'm smoking in a gas cabinet smoker. Net weight with ribs was 19.95 lbs. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	428016Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0087.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	428017

Damn, that thing's a beast! Good luck, and make sure we get some pictures of the cook and the final result!

Comment

What he said, Cheers!

Comment

From the looks of that beauty I'd say you have no worries. Smoke, eat and enjoy!

Comment

That is a dandy looking Roast! Eat well.

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here