Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas FriendsGiving Prime Rib!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas FriendsGiving Prime Rib!

Dry Brined for 36 hours. O’Learys Cow Crust. Low ‘n Slow. Started at noon. Following Meathead’s Reverse Sear method! Hope it tastes great!
    Attached Files

that's going to be great!

Comment

Looking good. I can't wait to see the finish product. Cheers!

Comment

Lookin' real good.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

I've been doing (New York) strip loins this way recently after picking up some on sale, and you are going to enjoy the prime rib prepared this way.

My family is more of a "medium" to "medium well" family, so my compromise has been a pull temperature of 135F, and serving the women-folk from the ends, or throwing theirs in a cast iron skillet for further browning.

Comment

• Pirate Scott
              Pirate Scott commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly what I have done, it works great.

Gonna be Great!

Comment

Soooooooooooo?

Comment

Those are going to be off the hook be sure to post some pics of the finished product! Prime rib is truly special low and slow. I rub mine with something called English Prime Rib rub from the Spice House. Then I put it in one of those oversize oven bags with some aromatics like quartered onions, garlic cloves, bay leaves etc. I leave air in the bag so the aromatics can waft around in there. Leave it in the fridge for 24 to 48 hours.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here