Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pastrami that wows the ex-NYers in South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pastrami that wows the ex-NYers in South Florida

I follow Meatheads instructions for pastrami and it comes out perfectly every time. Tonight I tried it for our annual ROMEO BBQ (Retired Old Men Eating Out) and it was a smash hit. And this is a group that knows deli from NYC and Squirrel Hill in Pittsburgh.

Check out the NYT recipe for making corned beef, then follow Meathead's instructions to turn it into pastrami. It takes about 11 days in total to complete the finished product, but there's nothing at all difficult about it, and the taste is on a par with the best delis out there.

I own a brining bucket that works great for this recipe, as well as brining chicken, fish or making pickles. It's a bit expensive, but it lasts for years. You can also use a simple bucket and a heavy plate. Just make sure it fits in your refrigerator.

BTW, while better beef definitely makes for a better end product, this was from a 4 pound flat brisket from our supermarket in S. Florida, Publix. For those of you looking for pink curing salt, Amazon is the best and most economical place to find it. Everything else is easy to find and available at any supermarket.

Enjoy!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pastrami.jpg Views:	1 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	426637
    Last edited by bocaboy; December 21, 2017, 05:14 AM.

Fabulous!

Comment

I LOVE good Pastrami!! But I have not tried it myself. Nice job!!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here