Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking one ribeye at to different "doneness"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking one ribeye at to different "doneness"?

I have a nice big ribeye for dinner tonight. My wife likes Medium, I like medium rare. I really want her's to be done right. Should I cut the ribeye in half (and risk being banned from pitmaster club ), or should I just buy two, cook them to desired doneness, and have leftovers? I bought two Wagyu ribeyes and hate to think of it as "leftover"

I hope this isn't a ridiculous question. We don't eat large portions of meat and often split a steak which results in only one being happy

Comment

I'd cut it in half. Are you cooking it reverse sear? If so, just pull your half off the grill when it reaches the pre sear temp for you. Then when your wife's half is at her pre sear temp, sear them both.

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, planning to reverse sear, thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D38A6B07-4446-47BB-9445-7C4393033857.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	427934 I broke down and just cooked them both! reverse sear. Seared hers first to medium, then mine to medium rare while hers was back on indirect. Worked awesome and leftovers were divine!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Fine Job, looks delectable!
        You Rocked this one, amigo!

Good job, good pics. Just keep in mind, there are no ridiculous questions, not so far anyways, there is always a first time. On the other hand, the matter of the hat, well............

Last edited by FireMan; December 24, 2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        So, you're saying no ridiculous questions, just ridiculous hats? Ha ha! I see we shop at the same establishment.......

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here