Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef ribs

UPDATED WITH PIC
    Anyone know what kind of beef ribs these are? I’m a little ignorant when it comes to beef rib cuts. Been in my freezer for a few months now and decided to smoke them tomorrow for the saints game.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_52496.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.55 MB ID:	419810
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7E82FA52-52A5-45A6-B203-0241B9DE3073.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.35 MB ID:	419839
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cwain8845; December 6, 2017, 04:08 PM. Reason: UPDATED WITH PIC

Beef short rids? Will help if we can see out of the bag.

Comment

Letting them defrost and I can take another picture when they are out the bag.

Comment

This page might help.

Comment

Look like shorties to me .... excellent flavor, love beef ribs

Comment

Looks like short ribs to me too. Dry brine 'em, rub 'em with BBBR and enjoy!

Comment

Beef Ribs, my favorite!

Comment

Definitely look like beef short ribs. Beef ribs might be the next best thing to brisket you can put on a smoker!

Comment

Beef short ribs

Comment

Shorties

Comment

Agree—looks like short ribs! Delicious!

Comment

Shape of the bone looks like short ribs, but they are trimmed pretty lean. That top/left hand slab has about the same meat as "back ribs". Watch that they don't dry out on you. Should be tasty but I think they will cook more like back ribs than nice thick shorties.

Comment

Looks like they are from Walmart. I have gotten them before. They do tend to dry out. I've gotten the best results by adding a bunch of smoke up front and then wrapping them and finishing them wrapped so they don't dry out.

Comment

Those are the back ribs. Most of the meat has been trimmed off except for what remains between the bones. Obviously not as meaty as the short ribs, but still tasty.

Comment

From themeatsource.com: "Beef back ribs come from the rib section consisting of ribs 6 through 12, it is basically the bones removed from the prime rib roast. Because beef ribs come from the prime rib they will be tender and flavorful."

That explains why so much meat has been trimmed off: more profit for prime rib than back ribs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here