Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagyu Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagyu Beef

Found a high end meat market about 15 minutes from my house that sells wagyu beef among other things. Here is the 5 lb Chuck I had him cut for me. It was $7.99 /lb. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171112_084103.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	418104Click image for larger version

Name:	20171112_084054.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	418105Click image for larger version

Name:	20171112_093401.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	418106

Today' selection is 2 lbs of wagyu beef short ribs. I'l cook them tomorrow. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171202_132249.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	418108Click image for larger version

Name:	20171202_132303.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	418109Click image for larger version

Name:	20171202_132321.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	418110

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice pieces of meat! Bet they were and will be devine!

Originally posted by Butchman View Post
    Today' selection is 2 lbs of wagyu beef short ribs. I'l cook them tomorrow.
    I've never seen wagyu cut for sale like the one in the first post - don't think I've ever seen that much in one place! - but the meat in this second post looks more like the kind of wagyu I used to see in the department stores in Tokyo. I'm sure both will be excellent - I'm jealous.

Comment

• Butchman
      Butchman commented
      Editing a comment
      The chuck was incredible and my wife was speechless when she took her first bite. She liked it more than the prime brisket from Costco.

That chuck looks almost as good as prime rib roast. I have never bough wagyu anythine other than ribeye, strip and the associated roasts. The head butcher at a local meat market explained to me that they only check the marbling content on certain spots that certify it as prime, select, choice, excetra. It is entirely possible, and common for a beef that is certified as prime to actually have a lower fat content on certain cuts that are not graded than say a choice #1 or #1 (or CAB). Don't know if it is true or not. I have considered a wagyu brisket a few times, but usually end up with a CAB or prime. Can anyone shed some light on this? Either way, those short ribs look amazing too. Too bad you couldn't get them as a plate...

Comment

Good looking meat.

Comment

Man. I’d pay $7.99 for that piece of chuck!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here