Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USDA prime brisket PBC style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDA prime brisket PBC style

Kosher salt coarse pepper overnight dry brine. Just hung temp spiked to 340 and sinking now at 311 after about 20 minutes Click image for larger version

Name:	20171103_222714.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	406058

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171104_084809.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	406062 flip side with a double hook

Comment

I'll be over in about 8 hours.

Comment

That looks great. Nothing more fun than firing up the PBC !

Comment

Looking good! Don’t forget to post pics of the final product.

Comment

• Butchman
            Butchman commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s the hard part, I get so excited when it’s time to cut it I usually forget to take pics!

After approx. 1 hour the PBC has settled down to 275 and the meat is up to 102. It' s 72 degrees and sunny here. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171104_094130_001.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	406076

Comment

Just let that briskie ride in the PBC. In my experience, the PBC holds at 275° for several hours in long cooks as long as I keep my mitts from lifting that lid!

It's going to be great to see how your cook turns out. Have a lot of fun today.

Kathryn

Comment

Webers will rest today Click image for larger version

Name:	20171104_094041.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	406081 ?

Comment

Wow. Nice collection there, Butchman .

Kathryn

Comment

• Butchman
                  Butchman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Kathryn! ; )

For a minute I wasn’t sure which was nicer — the view of the cookers or the view of the trimmed Brisket. I got over it!

Comment

That looks tasty.

Comment

Looks great so far. Can't wait to see the results. I want to try a brisket on the PBC next. Probably going to have to wait about 5 months or so before we see weather like that around here again.

Comment

Pulled off after 9.5 hours, faux cambro only 1 hour cause we were hungry! It was awesome. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171104_195613.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	406365

Comment

More views Click image for larger version

Name:	20171104_195619.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	406367

Comment

Great job. Thank you for sharing the experience.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here