Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG! Everything he says is right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! Everything he says is right.

I was skeptical at Meatheads reverse sear. I followed the directions and voila!! I have the BEST steak I've ever cooked. Mrs O'learys with a little cayenne + (I grew up in New Orleans) following the set up for gas grills finding where 225 lives. It took a water pan and one medium burner. Indirect cooking has a new meaning for me. Thank you to the guys and gals on this forum for contributing. Success leaves clues and thank you for breadcrumbs! This is truly the best steak I've EVER cooked.

Attached Files

Darn. I thought for sure you were talking about me!
    hehehe

Comment

• warren012
      warren012 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was! you guys are such a great wealth of information. I was calibrating my Weber yesterday when a buddy showed up. He looked at me cooking a loaf of bread and shook his head.

• warren012
      warren012 commented
      Editing a comment
      He just finished his PC as a 737 CA. I flew FO 777 before the furlough.

Looks yummy, from here!

Comment

Beautiful! You didnโ€™t really think he was wrong did you? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

Congrats on your success. That is a great lookin' steak.

Comment

Looks better than the best steak I've ever cooked.

Comment

Whoops! I clicked on this post because I thought you were referring to me... ;ร‚ยซ)

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              That's ok - I haven't heard you say anything wrong!

• warren012
              warren012 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was.

Great job! Looks delicious!!

Comment

Congratulations! Wonderful steak!

Comment

Fantastic cook!!!!!! Yes, the reverse sear is indeed a game changer! Have you tried dry brining your steaks prior to the cook?

Comment

• warren012
                  warren012 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was so excited to try it not that I have temp control, the steak got about 3 hours of dry brine in the frig. I normally do that with brisket or just about everything.

Congrats, and great work!

Comment

Wow. Thatโ€™s just beautiful. 6 thumbs up ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Comment

Oh, this is not my wife's post? Sorry, I thought it was. Nice job! Looks fabulous!

Comment

• JCBBQ
                      JCBBQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol

• Hugh
                      Hugh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Made me laff

I've learned a lot from this site, but this is by far my favorite lesson. Glad you liked it too.

Comment

Youโ€™ve learned why we are all here, and stay here, & it just gets better.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here