Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New problem

I have learned so much from Meathead and all of you guys and gals. Especially a lot of acronyms. My fav is MCS or More Cooker Syndrome. While I do have that, I have discovered a second meaning. More COOKING Syndrome. I smoked a butt last week and just went out and threw too little chuck roasts on the Weber/SNS. I'm getting them slice tender and will probably freeze one and make chili tomorrow with the other

Why not eat at least one today you ask. Well when I take them off, I am cooking about 6lbs of whole wings to take to a party tonight. They are dry brining their hearts out right now, awaiting there turn on the smoke alter.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by droopie69; October 28, 2017, 06:19 AM. Reason: Fix the spelling errors my phone couldn't

So you have been afflicted also, I wonder when the media will make headlines of this new disease?

Comment

droopie69 did you get that Mac 732 from us? Curious since that doesn’t look like one of our probes.

And we’ll need to see some more pics of those chuckles!

Comment

• droopie69
        droopie69 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I got it from Amazon. It was probably my first purchase after I found this site and had bought my Masterbilt analog e-smoker. I bought this kettle AFTER reading all the hub bub about the SNS! I ordered a SNS and THEN found a kettle on Craigslist. My first MCS experience!

Don't worry. After a decade or so, you'll get a little jaded and slow your pace a little.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
        Dadof3Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha...I don’t think it ever slows down Ed!!!

• droopie69
        droopie69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Say it ain't so! 2 of my favorite smells in the world. High horsepower methanol engines and bbq smoke!

I don’t see any problem at all.

Comment

• droopie69
        droopie69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Neither do I. My wife wonders what I am adding to my shopping list if I sit here too long in front of the Pit!

6.5 hrs in. I took them off. Gonna make chili with one tomorrow. I couldn't resist slicing and trying. Big smoky beefy flavor. I was in a hurry last night and didn't make any MBBR so I used something called Keith's Farm bbq rub and also something they call Garlic Butter. Turned out pretty good.

Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful Chuckies. Yep, we just gotta cook. My freezer is trying to get full before the below zero weather.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Looks really good!

Comment

Good looking Q

Comment

Nice Beef!

Comment

Great cook! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Comment

I read that whole post and I don't see a problem with any of that.

Comment

I forgot to write a followup. The chili was amazing! Even with all the seasonings in the crockpot, when you took the lid off, it was like taking a smoker lid off. It was just grade A smoked flavored chili. But the creme de la creme was a few days later when my wife threw the other one in the crock pot with carrots and onions, some beef broth and a little beef gravy mix. We are still talking about that. I think every roast from now on will get smoked for 4-6 hours then go into the crockpot. That was hands down the best roast I have ever had!

Comment

Yeah, I have this problem also, but I always have great lunches to take to work!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here