Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another Chuck..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another Chuck..

132* @ 24 hrs... Meh...
    Attached Files

Wow, looks amazing!

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      Naught wrong with anything that reminds me of prime rib!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      How much smoke prior to SV, that's a mighty deep ring?

• FlaBouy
      FlaBouy commented
      Editing a comment
      Smoked to 130* internals as usual, but I am currently testing the pre-smoke chamber temp settings as well as how cold the meat is as I toss it on the grate. I pushed the magic "XTRA Smoke" button on the RecTec and set the chamber at 200* for pre-smoke and the meat had mid 40's on internals. It tends to draw the smoke deeper and when I go with a light wood, that is typically the route I take.

Looks good!

Comment

Just another one, eh? Mighty fine looking. Do you really prefer the pulled version over the pseudo rib steak version?

Comment

• FlaBouy
        FlaBouy commented
        Editing a comment
        I prefer the texture of a Chuck/ brisket coming out of the 155* bath, with a lil added time... It pulls a lil more moisture out but more than makes up for it in tenderness.. more traditional

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, just checking. At this point, I'm pretty sure I've only done the "pulled" version with them. But I want to check out the lower temp one too.

I actually think I will kiss this in a lil spicy vinegar based board sauce of mine to finish it out once the princess gets home..

Comment

Looks great, an' I'm learnin' from alla ya' SV'ers...
        Who knows, might up an' buy one, some year...
        Great new avatar, brother!
        First one ya' had was pretty strack, an' a good pic...
        Last one ya' were usin', looked like ya' was needin' a shave, mighty bad!!!

Comment

• FlaBouy
          FlaBouy commented
          Editing a comment
          That shave comment is truer than you think my friend.. this time of year the cycle of the moon leaves me with the feeling most mornings to keep sharp objects away from my throat..

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          That's why I haven't trimmed recently, and I could use it!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I can understand that temptation...
          This time of year holds many memories I don't enjoy relivin', but, yet do. Over, an' over!
          Grow out that beard, mebbe th' best thing fer us!

EdF .. here is a 155 Chuckie.. night and day difference
        Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I've exclusively done chuckies straight-smoked to pulling temp - haven't tried SV yet. So this is good to see.

• Bruce54
          Bruce54 commented
          Editing a comment
          What was your time at 155? Sure looks good ...

I can see the difference.

Comment

Served..
          Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yummy!

Holy succulent food! Your pictures are simply wonderful. I had a full dinner and can't eat any more, but if you put a plate of that awesome chuck in front of me, I'll sure as heck eat it! Reminds me of the movie "Meaning of Life"....Sir, it's just wafer thin..... <man explodes>....

Comment

Beautiful pictures. Magazine quality!

Comment

As usual FlaBouy everything looks yummy, comparatively well done and stupid good !! Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	104
Size:	580.6 KB
ID:	400654

Comment

• FlaBouy
                FlaBouy commented
                Editing a comment
                A man gotta eat.. so... you know...

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here