Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picanha Using PBC's New Skewers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picanha Using PBC's New Skewers.

Ever since my son married a lady from Brazil, I've fallen for Brazilian Steak House Picanha. So, when an email from the PBC Company arrived advertising their new skewers as "Bring the Brazilian Steakhouse Home!", it became mandatory to try them out with Picanha. They arrived early last week, and were immediately tried out , I've finally gotten around to posting some pictures below. (I've since noticed a Youtube link on the PBC site on how Ballistic Barbecue did a similar cook). The only noticeable difference is that I used just a mini chimney of KBB and he used (I assume) a full basket. He pulled at 125º, an I cooked to 130º.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bagged2.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	399627

Name:	sliced.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	399628

Name:	skewered.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	399629

Name:	PBC.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	399630

Name:	IMG_9880.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	399631

Name:	cut.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	399632

Name:	plated.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	399633
    Grilled Picanha and herb buttered rice!

I have honestly never had this until Friday night. The Moonbeam took me out to some Brazilian steak house and dang was it good. Now I am planning this cook! Looks fantastic!

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      You'd better stick with the Moonbeam, lonnie mac . Smart lady. Anyone who takes you to a Brazilian steak house is a keeper for sure!

Awesome!!!! Looks amazing...

also I love your half basket setup!

Comment

Beautiful! Also great pics

Comment

Perfect.

Comment

Damn brother. That looks awesome.
          Funny lonnie mac I got a gift certificate from my boss to a "Texas Brazilian steak house" but I haven't gone yet. After seeing these pics I’m definitely going to be using it SOON!!!

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            OMGoodness, they're great, Steve B . Go hungry.

Thanks for posting, looks outstanding.

Comment

It looks great.

Comment

Hot cook! I’m digging this.

Comment

NICE haven't done that in a while. I use a TON of garlic and a tri tip or a high grade sirloin roast when I do it, the real deal is hard to find here. I guess I could have my butcher cut it for me now that I think about it. what is your seasoning/baste?

Comment

• johnec00
                  johnec00 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just a sprinkling of coarse salt.

lonnie mac , Nate DWCowles JCBBQ Steve B Powersmoke_80 RonB Jon Solberg texastweeter - Thanks all for the kind words!

Comment

• johnec00
                  johnec00 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JCBBQ - The cook was on the PBC using PBC's new toy! . . . . https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...new-toy-for-us

• JCBBQ
                  JCBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh wow! Look at that! Nice. Did you cook them over the side with or without the coals?

• johnec00
                  johnec00 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JCBBQ - Hung them directly over the coals. The next time, I'll use maybe 50% more coals to get a little more heat to crisp the fat. But all-in-all it was a successful first try cook.
                  Last edited by johnec00; October 23, 2017, 04:18 PM.

John,

looks amaizng! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Looks great! Might have to improvise something for the kettle…hmmm

Comment

Aww damn! I just shorted out my new monitor by drooling all over it!

Comment

A follow-up to original post . . . Tried the picanha again, this time using about 50 Kingsford professional briquets in the same divided PBC basket as before, but cooked to 140º instead of 130º. Fat was much crispier and meat still medium rare-ish. PBC with skewers excellent for picanha. Next trial will be 1-¼" NY strip cooked same way.

Name:	Try-2.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	405937
                      Last edited by johnec00; November 3, 2017, 07:36 PM. Reason: Oops, forgot picture.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here