Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket flat...last weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket flat...last weekend

SWMBO picks up 2 brisket flats at Costco..8.5 pounders. One goes in the freezer..the other, well, let's Q it. I've never smoked one, what to do ,what to do. Review Amazing Ribs recipe page, and flex for my equipment. Begin by seasoning with sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and garlic salt sealed in ziploc Friday night. Sunday AM, start up Smokenator 1000 according to directions, Meat on fat down at 9:30 AM. First smoke chip load is hickory. Proceed at 225-250 using the straight-up Smokenator technique. Second smoke and thereafter is Alder, the great PNW barbecue wood. At noon, I couldn't decide: into oven roasting pan with a bit of beef broth and worchester, or foil wrap similarly. Chose to foil wrap tight with a bit of broth and worchester (and just a touch of scotch) and place in roasting pan...temp 155, moved to 210 oven at 1:30 PM. 6:00 PM checked temp, 196, out it comes to rest for a half hour.

Well, as far as competition BBQ goes, it didn't drape over my fingers very well, but it was tender, juicy, and ever so flavorful, and the neighbors came and ate plenty. Me too. Two nights later the remains made hash for supper.

Doesn't get much better. Thanks, Meathead, and thank you Smokenator 1000 folks, for a great couple of meals.

beef...its whats for dinner

Comment

Sounds like good times.

Comment

I love it when it works like advertised!

Comment

Sounds like it went well 👍

Comment

Yes, and so simple and straightforward for such a superb result.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here