Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheating

Whats the best method to reheat brisket at a tailgate? Have to get brisket done a day ahead to fully enjoy the Foo Fighters concert.
    Will have pellet & gasser available to use at the tailgate.

If you're really adventurous, try FlaBouy 's cooking method. I plan to try this this next week -- I have three whole packers getting ready for the occasion. To summarize, smoke until about 145F, then Sous Vide for a couple of days at about 155F. Then you're set for wherever you want, whenever you want. When ready, bring it up to a warm temperature and then sear over high heat to get maximum Maillard reaction for the crust. If you choose this route, I'd bring the final step up to temp in the pellet and then use the gasser to sear.

On the other hand, if short on time, you could cook the Brisket in your usual way, bag it and cool it (airtight vacuum if possible, but watertight a must). Then bring a pot of water up to about 150F and drop the bagged meat in to reheat.

Comment

Originally posted by kmhfive View Post
      If you're really adventurous, try FlaBouy 's cooking method. I plan to try this this next week -- I have three whole packers getting ready for the occasion. To summarize, smoke until about 145F, then Sous Vide for a couple of days at about 155F. Then you're set for wherever you want, whenever you want. When ready, bring it up to a warm temperature and then sear over high heat to get maximum Maillard reaction for the crust. If you choose this route, I'd bring the final step up to temp in the pellet and then use the gasser to sear.

On the other hand, if short on time, you could cook the Brisket in your usual way, bag it and cool it (airtight vacuum if possible, but watertight a must). Then bring a pot of water up to about 150F and drop the bagged meat in to reheat.
      Don't have a Sous Vide (yet).
      If I cook brisket normal, can I bag it with its juice, then reheat to 155 in the pellet, then sear to reset the crust?

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you can bag it with juice. I haven’t tried reheating that way because I’m afraid of losing too much moisture.

Anytime I reheat meat at home I use defrost in microwave. When I'm out n about Definately keep that temp LOW. I'd say the highest would be 225 for an hour. It works well. Treat it like a wrap stage with juices and all in foil.

Comment

• learning pellets
        learning pellets commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, that's what I was looking for

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here