Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled the broil from the bath...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the broil from the bath...

... and introduced it to my bear claws after the reverse sear. Making stew from one broil, post smoking and the pulling the other for sammiches.
    Attached Files

Post SV smoke.. 1st spritz.
    Attached Files

Comment

Served...
      Attached Files

Comment

Sammich
        Attached Files

Comment

I love the look of the stew! Getting to be that time again.

Comment

• FlaBouy
            FlaBouy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep.. he is on low cook overnight.. should be a tasty lunch come tomorrow.

FlaBouy What is the base for the stew? That looks great!

Comment

• FlaBouy
            FlaBouy commented
            Editing a comment
            I took the broth from the SV bath and used it for a base, then added a couple cans of cream of mushroom, and then started adding a few seasonings.

• jgreen
            jgreen commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. Thanks. I may try something similar.

Whoosh!! Looking mighty fine my Florida friend.. how's the beefy flavor?

Comment

Mack daddy sammich fo sho!!!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Overnight stewin..
                Attached Files

Comment

Oh, that looks awesome!

Comment

• FlaBouy
                    FlaBouy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The alarm went off at three, and I smelled it before my eyes even opened....

You are Killing it! Again.

Comment

• FlaBouy
                    FlaBouy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A man gotta eat!!

HouseHomey Beef flavor came through with authority.. Of course I knew the bath would wash a bit of it as it pulled juices, so I went proactive and injected it with Butchers BBQ bricket injection prior to the bath and added a bit of the injection and broth to the bag from the outset. I also knew I would be shredding it, so I sat the bath at 155* in lieu of the typical 135*. I then let it run for 36 hours before I pulled the two Broils. I immediately chilled both, and then reverse seared the first and put the second on the pellet pooper for a couple hours with hickory. The first was shredded and added to the stew with some Chuckie that I sat aside for this purpose last weekend. I let the second smoke for two hours and then took it in to shred. At that point, it nearly shredded on its own. Once I finished with the bear claws, I sauteed a lil butter, scallions, and light Parmesan and just kissed the shredded beef enough to wet it. The rest, is history. Beef flavor was out of this park. Since the zipper install, the Doc has been on my ass about watching my fat content so I have been working on the leaner cuts of beef to appease him. It must be working because my blood work came back last week and my cholesterol levels have dropped from my atypical 400 range a few years back, to a rock solid 143 with all the single numbers in the 60's and the Tri at 48. And even at that, the rat bastard started on me about my weight. I step in at a solid 260. That's a Terminator 260, not the breaking through walls Kool Aide Man 260. I do the work every morning at 3 a.m. to keep my girlish figure and that damn figure requires a lot of protein... I just have to watch the source of that protein now. Which explains the London Broil, the Flank steaks, Briskets, skirts, etc... Not to say I don't find the need for a bit of Chuckie or a nice medium rare Rib Eye from time to time. Anywho, a lot of people won't touch a broil or flank because they are too "tough". Those cuts are definitely in my wheelhouse. No Fear brotha. Smoke on.
                  Last edited by FlaBouy; October 12, 2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• FlaBouy
                    FlaBouy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was approaching 50 years old weighing in at 309 and had the shadow of that Kool Aide man. Decided I wanted to be here to walk both my girls down the aisle so in 2010 I started hitting the weights. Dropped 85 pounds in 7 months and on my 50th birthday I logged in at 225, which is the same weight I was leaving the Marines in the mid eighties. I have slowly added a bit of mass since then..

• Thunder77
                    Thunder77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have done London Broil on the grill to medium rare, with good results, but never tried it SV. Got to try that! I like Broil a lot; good beefy flavor!!

• FlaBouy
                    FlaBouy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If I were to slice it, medium rare would be as far as I would grill it. And if I were gonna slice after the SV, I would do a 132* bath for probably 8-12 hours. Shredding it is a different animal so I went 155* for 36 and then reverse sear and 155* for 36 and then 275* smoke for 2 hours after chill on the second one. Both worked well on the backside.

Breakfast Sammy..
                  Attached Files

Comment

That’s a breakfast I can wake up to!

Comment

• FlaBouy
                      FlaBouy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      All the barnyard animals are represented... chickens, pigs, turkeys, cows, phthalates, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae..... that last one barely survived prohibition.

• kmhfive
                      kmhfive commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don’t worry. I’m breeding a few of the better yeast strains here in Illinois!

• FlaBouy
                      FlaBouy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Last I heard, UPS still did overnight delivery....

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here