Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuckie survives the bath...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuckie survives the bath...

Finished picking up after Nate and then went inside to check on Chuckie. Timer read 44 hours so I called it and dropped him over in an ice bath while I went and put up all my tools. After coming back in I pulled him out of the bag and cleaned him up a bit. Here is Chuckie straight out of the bag... Let me go light the flame thrower.
    Attached Files

Warming him back up a tad ...
    Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Feed the flame!

That moment when you are cutting into something special..
    Attached Files

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!! I mean Wow!!

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet!!!

Jus' Beautimous!!!!

Comment

• FlaBouy
      FlaBouy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thankee Sai... I think I will consider this weekend a good cook.

Served..
    Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Score!

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      FlaBouy Just verifying..44 hours in the hot tub..What Temp?

Another Amazing Cook! Congratulations.

Comment

• FlaBouy
      FlaBouy commented
      Editing a comment
      20 pounds of meat across 5 different cuts, 2 smokers, the flame thrower and an SV bath this round. This was by far my favorite cut.

Thanks gang... I gave the princess a small piece since she was heading out the door to shoot a beach wedding, and after i placed it on the end of her tongue, I just stood there looking into her eyes. They widened a bit and she held up a finger... I stood there for a sec as she chewed once then swallowed with her eyes closed. She opened them and looked at me and said "Damn, I married the right guy..what in the hell is that? After mansplainin the particulars, she said, "Put that on the top of your list, and there best damn well be some left over when I get home." and she turned and walked out the door.

I kinda chuckled and turned back towards the kitchen and I heard the door open back up. As I was turning, I heard.. "And put that on the menu for Wednesday night dinner before Thanksgiving" and the door closed back.

Damn... she wants me to cook for her Momma Glenda Faye.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a very strong compliment!

• FlaBouy
      FlaBouy commented
      Editing a comment
      Considering we had a dry aged La Frieda Prime Rib roast already picked out for that slot... yes, it was.

That’s awesome, you must live in a Time Warp. I don’t know how you get so much done!

Comment

• FlaBouy
      FlaBouy commented
      Editing a comment
      A man gotta eat!

Looks great.

Comment

Great looking beef!

Comment

OK little slow on the uptake here, is that a chuck roast SVd for 44 hours then onto the flames? I need to start water bathing my meat

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the additional info, FlaBouy . Did you reverse sear it back up to 155°F ?
          Kathryn

• FlaBouy
          FlaBouy commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't ever reverse sear to any temp. I pulled from bath and dropped directly into ice bath to chill down the exterior. Then tossed it on the reverse sear turning every 60 seconds or so until I saw the color start to turn... at that point I pulled it and sat it on the cutting board 15 minutes or so before slicing.

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks again, @FlaBouy.

Kathryn

Beautiful!

Comment

I'm starting to find this whole thing intimidating....@FlaBouy has a flamethrower, I have a wimpy weber. He does 5 cuts of meat on 3 cookers IN A HURRICANE. I'm learning how to not over cook a bird, too much...I'm not worthy! . Great story FlaBouy. Looking forward to the next one.

Comment

• FlaBouy
            FlaBouy commented
            Editing a comment
            Ehhh.. at least we are not being fired upon.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Ehhh.. at least we are not being fired upon.
            True [b]Dat[/], Brother!!! That [i]always[/] makes me feel better... FlaBouy

Did you ever answer troymeister? What temp in the waterbath? Or did I miss it?

Comment

• FlaBouy
            FlaBouy commented
            Editing a comment
            It is explained about 5 times through this and the original post, but for those that still won't go back and look, the bath temp is 155* for the reasons noted. Carry on

That looks great! If I were you, I would try searing that chuckie on the opposite side of the Grill Grates. I like using the griddle side because it produces a more uniform Maillard crust on the meat. Just a suggestion.
          Great looking cook. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• FlaBouy
            FlaBouy commented
            Editing a comment
            Duly noted Speilberg.. 😁

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here