Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon-Covered Smoked Meatloaf on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm giving this a shot as I type this. I'm sure it will be excellent!

Comment

Steve R. Good luck with it!

​​​​​​​Kathryn

Comment

Fzxdoc - I'm looking to try your PBC Meatloaf Friday but can't seem to find 2.2L containers . Do you happen to know their approximate size?
        Last edited by bigbird; October 31, 2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

bigbird , the containers are 6 inches wide, 10 inches long, and 3.5 inches high. 2.2 liters or 2.3 quarts. They're only filled about half full with the meatloaf mixture. I divide the mixture by weight into each container.

HTH,
          Kathryn

Comment

Whoa--I have to do this! Kathryn, thanks for the great inspiration and write-up but you're probably single handedly driving up the price of beef/pork/bison. Demand looks to be going up!

Comment

Wow fzxdoc look at you. Killer post from yesteryear. Great looking meat loaf. That and a mess of garlic mashed potatoes and I'm in dreamland, a real meat and potato guy here. How about more of the same?

Comment

Wow. Looks delicious. Love the broiler idea for crisping the bacon.

Comment

Made this today, everyone LOVED it, it’s now our go to meatloaf recipe. One loaf is going to the in-laws, and I’m looking forward to some meatloaf sandwiches this week. Another huge thanks to fzxdoc ! This really should replace the meatloaf recipe on the free site IMHO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8425F7B2-4BB3-45E8-9702-A2FA330FBB20.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	658153

Name:	B37EEA30-72DB-4D2F-B283-4D15DF29600F.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	658150

Name:	911B7F04-A204-4D4F-AE37-D77E72C15A72.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	658152

Name:	DDF91364-4F67-4307-8F74-E6B5AC8ABCA4.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	658151

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nom!!!! :d

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is some beautiful meatloaf. Looks so good!

K.

Beyond awesome! 😎👍

Comment

Thank you, FishTalesNC , for the nice compliment. My family loves this recipe too. Whenever we go to visit our daughters, a couple of smoked meatloaves go with us. I make them ahead and freeze them for travel in checked luggage, even. Their families always look forward to that meatloaf supper.

The PBC makes it taste soooo good!

Kathryn

Comment

• FishTalesNC
                      FishTalesNC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "...and freeze them for travel in checked luggage, even." Let no one ever question your dedication or devotion! So awesome!! 👍🏻

We just bought some extra ground beef, hmmm......

Comment

Ok so I need to know.....

I've never tried a meatloaf I enjoyed (even ones similar to all of the posts here).

Am I crazy? probably.

Comment

• Steve R.
                        Steve R. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Try the smoked version described above. If you don't like that, then you are most likely crazy.

• parkerj2
                        parkerj2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Steve R. I've tried smoked meatloaf in the past - bacon wrapped as well. Just doesn't do it for me! It always LOOKS really good. I guess my pallet is busted!!

Looks really good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here