Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KJ Meatloaf Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KJ Meatloaf Cook

Tonight I cooked up a meatloaf on the KJ. I used the recipe from the Virtual Weber Bullet.

I'm still not quite used to handling the heat on the KJ. I've only had if for a week. I heated it to 400 and held it there a while, but when I put the meatloaf onto the grate, it took several minutes to get back up to temperature. I've been using these reusable grill mats instead of foil under the meatloaf.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170827_meatloaf_raw.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	370449

I cooked it about an hour. I tossed on a couple of chunks of pecan wood. I brushed on that glaze the last 15 minutes or so.

We've been really happy with this recipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170827_meatloaf_cooked.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	370450

Dang that looks good.

Comment

It'd be great if any grill returned to temp immediately, but only a few minutes to get back to 400 is no sweat in my book.

Comment

• GregS
        GregS commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, but by several minutes I'm talking 15 or so.

Beautiful!

Comment

Just plop that on a loaf of bread and I'm good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here