Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to reheat brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reheat brisket?

Did a nice brisket but the left over meat from the fridge is dry when sliced. I don't like the taste of microwaved steak so I'm guessing that isn't the best way. I didn't save any juices from the cook. Sous Vide in a bag with some beef broth? Feed to dog and cook a new one?

Microwaving slices of brisket has always worked well for me. I put in some if the juices I reserved, but I imagine beef broth would be a reasonable substitute. I allow only about 30 seconds for a big serving of slices. As long as you don't go too long in the MW you should be ok. Maybe try it with a few slices as an experimenr.

Comment

Thanks Arty

Comment

I usually make enough of a mop sauce to splash on some leftovers. Moisten then MW, or wrap in foil with a splash and reheat in oven or grill.

Comment

SV is definitely a winner -- hot water between 150F and 200F on the stovetop works as a substitute.

Broth will work work well for MW if you've got no other choice (like me at work).

Comment

Thx guys. I'm going to try hot water in a plastic bag around 150 in the stove for lunch momentarily! I have to pull out my thermapen just to play.

Comment

• kmhfive
              kmhfive commented
              Editing a comment
              Enjoy!

Yet another option. Make a brisket pizza, put on grill and bam! Brisket is reheated!

Comment

I'm a happy camper. I enjoyed my sandwich. Also, my guests went home with some brisket and reheated it (steamed). They enjoyed it. They phoned and asked for the recipe for my coleslaw as well (I mean Meatheads). First time the sister in law has asked me for a recipe. Must have been good.

Comment

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                YeeHaw! Good work.

Another great use for your new SV machine (aka Hot Tub Time Machine ). Reheating any kind of leftovers, not just BBQ.

Comment

Put a little Texas Mop Sauce and a few pats of butter on it, seal in in an aluminum pan TIGHT with some foil,and heat in the oven on convection roast at 225 degrees until the temperature of your liking.

Comment

I reheat BBQ leftovers in 135 Hot tub time machine. Just drop it in and go about my business.

Comment

that does sound perfect. My hot water runs around 140. So easy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here