Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cook Time for Beef Tenderloin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cook Time for Beef Tenderloin?

Hi all!

I've tried to search the forums but what I've found usually relates to SV. I have a 6.5 lb beef tenderloin that I'm going to cook tomorrow, planned on a typical reverse sear method (unless that's a bad choice with this cut - let me know if it is), with a dry-brine tonight or tomorrow morning and serve with the "Change Your life Rich Red Wine Sauce" on the side.

How long do you think it will take if I'm cooking at 225? I remember seeing something somewhere here about the thickness of the meat and a rough guide based on diameter, but I can't find that now. I want to try and time so the sides are finished together.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

I've only done tenderloin using the SV. Looking at other cooks for meat around the same dimensions, I would guess you'll get to temperature at the 2-hour point plus or minus 30 minutes. Sorry I don't have anything better.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here