Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the smell of Brisket in the morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the smell of Brisket in the morning!

Been awhile since I've posted anything. I work out of town during the week and only get home on the weekends. The family rule is the wife and kids pick a state or country and I spend the week researching and finding a meal to smoke or grill on Saturday. Last week was Australia, Hawaii before that, India, Baltimore for Pit Beef, ect. ect. Haha, kids chose Ireland this week. I overruled them. Time to come home to the USA. I got a craving for some Texas brisket. 13#, 11# after trim. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170804_164034.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	357283Click image for larger version

Name:	20170805_040907.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	357284 Dry brine, last night, rubbed early this a.m. w/ Meatheads BBBR and on the kettle w/ the SnS and some Pecan. Holding @ 235. I'll take it to the stall and wrap and transfer to the GMG DB to finish. Wish me luck, it's been awhile since I've done a brisket.

Good luck! Look forward to the finished product!

Comment

That package looks awfully familiar, did you take it out of my refrigerator?
      Seriously, bought one at Costco yesterday to age, going to cook it on Labor Day. Good luck with yours!

Comment

Good luck sir! I suddenly feel like I'm being lazy after seeing your post. I just might have to prep something in a minute. Jeeze. So much for being lazy.
        cant wait for the pics.

Comment

From the great country of Texas!

Comment

Great choice! Follow up with the beautiful results, please!

Comment

Looks like a great cook!
              Best of luck on this week's culinary adventure to another country!!!
              Are ya' makin up a mess o' Texas beans to go in th' smoker?

Comment

enjoy your cook and the food.

Comment

Mighty fine meal you and your family have coming up!

Comment

Great idea. Brisket is awesome. Got one in my freezer but it didn't make the menu for this weekend.

Comment

You are off to a good start.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170805_191226.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	357822Click image for larger version

Name:	1501987832464-704442988.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	357823 A successful Texas brisket.

Comment

• hogdog6
                          hogdog6 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The only thing better than the smell of brisket in the morning is... uh... um.......mmmmmm...... Nothing! 👍

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          'Successful' seems rather inadequate,
                          I'd use words like 'beautiful', an' go from there...

Very nice!

Comment

Great looking cook!

Comment

Oh yeah. That looks good. I'm excited to get mine started.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here