Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginning another brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning another brisket

Ok, so I am pretty excited about my new meat source. I work in a restaurant and have been given access to our distributor for personal use!
    I purchased an 18 lb 21 day aged angus brisket. I kept it refrigerated for the last few days (total aging now 28 days) and have trimmed it. Its salted and in the fridge now, the fat is being rendered for future use (and some for burnt ends).

I was hoping to order wagyu for this cook, but I would have had to take a case of 6 10 lb wagyu briskets. Too much to eat for sure, it would kill me to freeze such good meat, and I don't have 5 friends that want brisket this weekend... so I "settled" for this beauty.

Its still choice, not prime. None the less it is probably the best quality brisket that I have had so far.

I will post pictures of my process and end results.

18 Angus.... Gotta love that!

Comment

Originally posted by WRXRob View Post
      I was hoping to order wagyu for this cook, but I would have had to take a case of 6 10 lb wagyu briskets. Too much to eat for sure, it would kill me to freeze such good meat, and I don't have 5 friends that want brisket this weekend... so I "settled" for this beauty.
      If you can have the distributor flash freeze the meat then the freezing part shouldn't be an issue. I think every Wagyu brisket I've ever cooked has arrived to me flash frozen and they're still phenomenal.

Comment

Lookin' forward to the pics.

Comment

Personally, I think the deleterious effects of freezing have been blown way out of proportion. That, or my taste buds aren't discriminating enough to tell the difference. Most of the meat/seafood I eat comes from one of my freezers (some flash frozen and a lot just frozen-frozen) and I get way more compliments than complaints.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here