Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh my goodness... This has got to cease.😬

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my goodness... This has got to cease.😬

Last night Scary Mary wanted me to cook her a big beautiful hunk of Chateaubriand and I said yes.πŸ€—

Today my son asked me if I would cook 2 - 2 1/2" USDA Prime grade T-Bones he bought at Costco yesterday.πŸ™€

Now do NOT take me wrong... I'm NOT complaining, but my waistline is not going to be shrinking after 2 nights of extraordinary steaks.πŸ‘… I've got to stop this soon.πŸ™ˆ

My son's new grill has a gas leak and he says he has to get a "guy" out to fix it so no grill.😑

I bought him and his wife some SV equipment for Christmas this year so I put those big fat beautiful steaks in SV bags and vacuum sealed them after I brined them with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt. I'm going to leave them in the Magic hot tub for about 6 hours. Then I'm going to sear them in 2-12" Cast Iron skillets, at the same time.

I'd rather do them on one of my grills but one must always be able to improvise. I'm sure these steaks are going to turn out beautiful, medium rare, with a nice crust. Pictures after the cook...πŸ‘
    Attached Files

I feel your pain - the waistline part anyway. Do you think the Himalayan salt has a flavor difference? My palate doesn't. I like using Kosher or some other large grain salt because it's easy to see what's been dusted and what hasn't.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm... this is my first time using it to be honest with you. My son bought a huge plastic container of it at Costco yesterday so I figured this would be a good test.

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      i find it a little stronger than kosher salt. my fave is hawaiian red alea sea salt

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      In my experience, the Himalayan and Hawaiian salts are definitely 'saltier' than the Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt I use. I really like the Hawaiian Red Alea Sea Salt. I think it has an interesting mineral taste to it. But typically I just use it as a finishing salt.

I can't tell you the last time I've seen my waist.

Comment

Just compensate with salad for lunch.

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Usually their jaw drops and they can't talk for four or five minutes.

• Mikey C
        Mikey C commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm so stealing that.

• jgg85234
        jgg85234 commented
        Editing a comment
        The IV version of lasix got me down to 5 lbs less than my 16 year old drivers license and I was 2 inches shorter
        Don't want a hospital stay? The pill version is called furosemide

LOL I love this. I don't have high blood pressure, or rather I do, but because I take medication it's not high. The advantages of this are that I don't worry about the salt intake because the medication takes care of the problem. Probably not what my doctor wants to hear, but...

Comment

I'll take mine over easy with rye toast.

Oh, & hold the chicken, yes hold the chicken between your knees. I just had to say it. It's the first opportunity in my life to say it.

Comment

Well, ya gotta die from somethin'. You wouldn't want to be one of those health nuts lying in the hospital dying of nothin' would you?

Comment

The final report... the hit of the party was the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and the Prime grade T-Bone.πŸ‘… I forgot to take pictures while the steaks were in the Cast Iron skillets but my, oh my, these were some great steaks. This Pink salt thing was perfect... I don't know if it was the perfect application of the salt for just the right amount of time or if it was just Kick ass beef. However... the thing that stuck out on the first bite was the PERFECT salt flavor. Not to strong, not to weak, perfect, unusually so.

My son is on the Keto diet so no potatoes, no carbs and no bread.🀒
            Attached Files

Comment

• JCGrill
              JCGrill commented
              Editing a comment
              Mmm Mmm. Perfect crust on the outside, nice pink on the inside. Those sides would work for me.

Thet steak might be one of the greatest looking steaks I've seen! Bravo!

Comment

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you... πŸ‘ No grill involved. It turned out fantastic.πŸ‘Œ

Perfect!

Comment

Yum! I highly recommend Murray River Salt from Australia. It's a by-product from desalination of old underground sea. Amazing salt.

Comment

Fat steaks! Looks awesome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here