Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Age Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update FYI - the striploin turned out an epic fail - basically inedible.
    I tried a large piece of rump next - 28 days, ave 2C, 80% humidity, after a few mods to the fridge to improve airflow and reduce the length of defrost cycle.
    Turned out a treat - awesome flavour and very tender.

Biggest lesson learnt: You can't polish a turd: don't use crap meat - it makes a poor quality piece even worse, not better.

Finally found a good source of untrimmed whole bone-in ribeye for good price - 2 racks going in next week.

What do you guys reckon best for how long to dry-age ribeye?
    Love to hear your personal preferences: 28, 35, 45 or 60 or?

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends on what you want to achieve the end. Anything over 28 will get you more tender. After that, the length of time will dictate how much "funk" you want in your beef. Not over 60 days suits me fine, but I know folks who think 6-9 months is heavenly... Cheers!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here