Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a bath...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a bath...

I think I need a bigger tub...
    Attached Files

That looks like it will be great. Hope you got a crowd coming.

Comment

• FlaBouy
      FlaBouy commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL... bad habit. I am the oldest of eight so my momma never had a pot in the kitchen that was less than 100 quarts. You never came to the table late in our house.. which helped train me to eat fast and that paid dividends when I joined the Marines and deployed to the sand pit.

• jgreen
      jgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      I greatly respect anyone who serves in the military. Thanks for your service.

Looks like a fun cook coming.

Comment

• FlaBouy
      FlaBouy commented
      Editing a comment
      I call it a learnin experience... I will have two separate SV baths running for this one. I will smoke on hickory for a couple hours tomorrow before they part ways. I guess I will toss a couple of rib eyes on in the mean time.

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish I wasn't working nights this week! I'd love to be smoking and grilling! Have fun.

• FlaBouy
      FlaBouy commented
      Editing a comment
      Heh.... Man I don't miss shift work.. although, I do work 70-80 hour work weeks every week now. A man gotta eat.

True, that!

Comment

You are off to a good start.

Comment

Yum yum! Looking forward to the finished pics.

Comment

And so it begins...
          Attached Files

Comment

Bag em Danno...
            Attached Files

Comment

I am about to post some pics of my first brisket, but damn....makes mine look like a Veggie pattie from McDonalds. And thank you for your service and time in the sand!

Comment

These are looking great!

Comment

I'm just now looking into sous vide. I looked at the one picture and wondered what was going on. Are those ping pong balls? So I googled and got my answer. So now when I get my machine a trip to the sporting goods store is in order. Thanks for posting the picture.

Comment

Couple of action shots... One bath at 135* and the other running 155*
                  Attached Files

Comment

20 hours in...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Into the chill after 55 @155*... The 135* bath will run another 24 before I pull them... A lil reverse sear on these in a bit and then we have sammiches... Off to grill some onions..

Edit: FWIW.... 1 flat and 1 point in each bath... for scientific reasons of course.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by FlaBouy; July 6, 2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here