Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Beef Short Ribs For Dinner Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Beef Short Ribs For Dinner Tonight

Click image for larger version  Name:	Beef Rib 002.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	341402Click image for larger version  Name:	Cooked Beef Ribs 004.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	341403 I bought these beef ribs at my local Publix supermarket. Dry brined them overnight. Then put them on my Camp Chef Smoke Vault at an average of 275 degrees for 3½ hours, exposing them to smoke for about 1½ hours of that. I took them off at an internal temperature of 161, as measured by my Thermapen. Double wrapped them in foil, put them in a foil pan and in the oven at 285 degrees until they reached an internal temperature of 204, which took another three hours. The temperature probe went into them like soft butter. Total cooking time was 6½ hours. After that, they rested wrapped in foil for another hour-and-a half. The only seasoning I put on them was salt. I tasted one and it was incredibly juicy and tender. I’ve heard pit masters agree that beef short ribs (not beef back ribs which are not very meaty) are the richest and most decadent, succulent, and flavorful cut of beef you can put on a smoker. I agree with them. I can't wait for dinner!
    Last edited by RAmorris; July 2, 2017, 04:06 PM.

looks awesome! Enjoy-

Comment

Looks real tasty. You might not have cooked enough. Enjoy.

Comment

Yummy. It's cool how they shrink up on the bones. You think you're loosing a lot of meat but what you're left with is pure deliciousness. Nice job RAmorris

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

A want some short ribs badly, but have not been able to find them here. BUT - Publix is opening 10 stores in this are starting next month, so maybe my luck will change.

Comment

I'll tell ya, personally to me, it was a feast of kings when I FINALLY got some to smoke. You may recall my cook of the Wagyu NAMP 123A's I found. Salt and pepper is all you need for sure! I still have one SRF double rack waiting to cook! Looks amazing brother!

Comment

Your post tells me it is about time to do a batch of beef short ribs again. I'm drooling as I look at the picture. I agree with the pitmasters that you quoted. BTW, did your dinner meet expectations?

Comment

Ahhh! Mouthwatering glistening meat! Great job RAmorris! You've inspired me. That's what I'm smoking on the 4th. Happy Interdependence Day all!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

That is a CLEAN Smoke probe!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here