Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking from frozen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking from frozen

Had this 3 lb'er in my freezer and decided to try cooking from frozen. Wasn't solid rock hard as I let it sit a little so I could get some rub on and get the probe in. Did it on my old Traeger at 375*, starting from internal of 25* it took about an hour to get to 125* when I took it off. It was closer to medium rare when I was shooting for rare, should have use two probes and one I used should have been not so much right in the "middle". Used Butcher BBQ's Steak and Brisket rub since I'd not tried it and added more cracked pepper. Was from Sam's and as good a rib-eye as I've had even though it was a just a bit over done for me.
    Attached Files

Love me some ribeye. Once had ribeye covered in crawfish etouffee. Twas the bomb.

Comment

Fantastic lookin', Cowboy!!!

Comment

My butcher swears by cooking from frozen when it comes to ribeye. He throws them on frozen, sears them then turns down the heat and lets em go for about 30-40 minutes and you get a nice rare, med/rare. I used to do that, then I found this site, and changed my life. But those frozen steaks were always delish!

Comment

I did some of those Sam's ribeye steaks a few weeks back and they were pretty dang good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here