Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time brisket with a new PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time brisket with a new PBC

I have a new PBC and this will be the first time smoking a brisket. Did a few racks of spare ribs last weekend which turned out great for a first effort.

I have a 6lb flat and was looking for some tips on typical cooking times in the PBC as I am having trouble finding times that aren't for full packers.

I am below 2000 feet elevation and curious what time I will need to get out of bed.

Thanks guys

I'm sorry, but just saw this post. I'm working nights.

You should still plan on about 12-hours cooking and at least 2 in the Cambro. Wrap once you get the bark you want and put it on the grate. May finish quicker that way. In the end, more Cambro time will help anyway.

Comment

I agree. Flats don't take significantly less. In fact the flat is what we use as the indicator on a full packer.

2-4 hour holds do a brisket good, pass it on.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; July 2, 2017, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• phoccer
        phoccer commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, I knew I came across a comment about using the flat as the indicator on a full packer. Used that advice today and came out with a great brisket. Last brisket I measured in the point and the flat was good but not as tender as the one today. Thank you!

A look at the brisket after about 3 hours in the smoke and lessons in how to pass the time between starting your cook time and when the meat is ready
      Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Your cat's name is "brisket"?

lol, the cats name is Bebop

Comment

A good name!

Comment

I dont know. That Brisket is looking a little greyish and fuzzy.

Comment

At the 6 hour mark I would lay that dude on the grate and bark up each side.

Comment

I know I'm late to this thread and hope your brisket was great. I've done a couple of briskets in the PBC and have had great results following the video recipe on the PBC website (but with one of Meathead's rubs). Happy 4th!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here