Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lemme 'Splain This First. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemme 'Splain This First. . .

Now then maybe I got carried away, maybe it was too much, too soon, I dunno. But I figure that being able to cross something off my "bucket list" was probably worth it. I doubt I'll be able to do it again, not real soon anyway, as the cost was just a bit too dear for me.

What I did was, I ordered up some beef from Lone Mountain Wagyu. I choose them over the rest because they were the only one making the claim to have 100% Full Blooded cattle, and not an Angus mixed breed. Now I do not have anything against Angus, it might make for an even tastier steak, but that distinction was enough for me to be thinking it was just a little more authentic, just a bit more traditional. Not Kobe, but as close as I'm likely to ever get.

So, what does their Strip Steaks look like? You tell me:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nyswu01.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	337259

And on the inside?

Name:	nyswu02.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	337260

Well, I think it was well worth the effort, and the risk involved. I would not have been able to live it down if I
    had screwed it up! But, I feel like I got away with it.

Oh yes, my Wife agrees!

Mike S. (Weber Kettle, S'nS , cold grate method)

OMFG! ¡C'est vraiment magnifique!
    If Mama happy, everybody happy!!!!
    BTW: This event certainly merits th' uploadin' of a much higher resolution photo than posted, imho!!!
    I wanna see th' sexy lil' Wagyu pores, in alla their glory.
    Please, remedy, at yer convenience....
    I'm askin', Purty Please.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 24, 2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bone-Daddy, yer cracking me up! 😜😜

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool Beans Thunder77 !!! Many Thanks, Brother!!!
      That's my place in life, keep people smilin'/laughin', if/when possible
      Firebase Bonedaddy, FWD, OUT

"So, what does their Strip Steaks look like? You tell me:"

I'd say it looks like you didn't make enough of it!!

Comment

Betcha can't eat just one! You'll be doing this again and again! I know I would.

Comment

I'll have to reset my camera for higher resolution images.

But the good new is that my order also included a pair of Ribeyes!

Mike S.

Comment

(Mike S.) Boom! Bobs your uncle. Mr. Bones gett'in all France n stuff!
          Last edited by HouseHomey; June 25, 2017, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I abhor th' french language, but I can can cut n' paste with th' best of 'em...
            Mebbe, if they didn't surrender every time a dang car backfires....we could be brothers...
            Love ya', France!!! Thanks fer th' assist, 'round about 1778...
            Couldn't likely done it , without ya'!!!
            #MinuteMan
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 25, 2017, 08:26 AM.

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Bones, You're Going to Cause an International Incident with Language Like That❓ Rumor Has It They are Going to Repo the Statue of Liberty❓
            From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

That's some great lookin' meat for sure.

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Definitely worth the investment! Beautiful job on the cook. I would have been nervous too.

Comment

Mike99 S., A Beautiful Cut of Meat Prepared to Perfection! IMHOP Now the Bad News, Once the Hide is Removed Identification of the Breed or in Some
                Cases Species is Nigh on Impossible by the Layman! A Case in Point the following Pic is of a Certified Black Angus about Ready for Butcher at the NDSU
                Beef Research Center 2 Weeks ago! The Pic is of a Baldy, Black White Face, It is 50% Black Angus & 50% Hereford by Mixed Breeding! As a Mixed Breed
                they Grow Faster and Yield More Useable Meat!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	338126Click image for larger version

Views:	78
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	338127Click image for larger version

Views:	79
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	338129
                Attached Files

Comment

(Mike S.) Nice Job on that cook! The Weber Kettle w/SNS is quickly becoming my go-to cooker. And the Reverse Sear, cold grate technique produces a great steak! Like the ones you just ate....Cheers!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here