Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piedmontese Beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piedmontese Beef?

I've located a local supplier of Piedmontese Beef: Angelic Beef. I've not yet tried it, but am curious if anyone here has tried Piedmontese and can recommend. The Piedmontese breed seems to have a specific gene that reduces fat, yet increases tenderness. Seems counterintuitive. Thoughts, other than to try it and report back?

Hmmmm..... tenderness, at face value, tends to come from a muscle that is not used much such as tenderloin as it just hangs there. Beefy flavor tends to come from well used muscle such as brisket and the round for roast beef. Cooking techniques tend to emphasize/ pull flavor from different cuts of meat.

We know juicyness is a form af several variables. Very interesting. I will be clicking your link shortly and looking at this. I like the thought process. Ok, really I just like fat and beef but very interesting.

Comment

I have not heard nor tried, but I am curious!

Comment

No idea either, but sure looking forward to your pics and report. Have fun with it.

Comment

Interesting reading about it. Gonna have to give this a go. I've got a Costco prime NY strip in my freezer. Maybe pick up a Piedmontese NY strip next weekend at the farmer's market and do a side by side taste test.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
            HorseDoctor commented
            Editing a comment
            Please let us know what you think. My gut feeling is the "reduced fat, increased tenderness" claim sounds like advertizing hype... Good luck.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here