Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help Me Smoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help Me Smoe

Just bought this yesterday at SAMs Club.

​ ​ ​ ​

I have have some questions:

Is this prime or choice? The barcode label says prime and the usda label says choice.
    Will I have better results with WSM 18 or 22 kettle with sns?

Oops. Wasn't finished. I'm also widely open on cooking suggestions. Thanks friends.

Comment

Your photos aren't showing, but I'd go with the stamp on the meat. That's the "official" marking.

Comment

If the meat has the "roll" on it, the blue ink go with that like Ron said above.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	330350Click image for larger version

Views:	76
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	330349Click image for larger version

Views:	84
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	330348

Did the photos post now?

Comment

I too would trust the seal, not the printed label. In either case you're good, and with either cooker you're good. If you go with your kettle/SnS, I suggest you follow ABCbarbecue.com's fantastic recipe/how-to for brisket. It tailors the process to the SnS from lighting to temp maintenance, etc. I just did a Choice yesterday on mine. Mmmmmmmm.

Comment

Ok, sometimes I did fall off the turnip truck. What the H is smoe, a typo or have we just gone mad with acronyms?

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
              Ok, sometimes I did fall off the turnip truck. What the H is smoe, a typo or have we just gone mad with acronyms?
              Smoe = some? Sometimes my fingers get dyslexic, too.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                I figured you meant, "some more" hehehe

smokinsteve, as Emily Latilla would say, "never mind".

I guess my brain went dyslexic should have figured it out. My fingers stutter sometimes!
              Last edited by FireMan; June 10, 2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Sorry I got way ahead of myself. It was meant to be: Please help me smoke this baby. But I hit a button by mistake and it posted it too soon.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey, don't apologize, it led to some good conversation! Hope things turned out well.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here